Meco Smoker?

Wesman61

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
What do you think of these? Saw at Walmart.com. At $50.00 it might be worth the gamble.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Meco-Charcoal-amp-Water-Smoker-w-2-Levels-Of-Cooking/12441314

0004295206392_500X500.jpg

I've got two of those in my cooker graveyard. Did a lot of meat on them before I came to this site. For that price you can make a UDS.

:rolleyes:I have one--does a decent job,especially if you don't have a smoker.There's no valid temp guage, and lid is loose,therefore no good seal.--but it does work. The firebox has vents , unlike the Brinkman,and temps will go up rather than burn out.Just sayin':confused:

I had a Meco that my dad bought years back. After doing the mods and messing with it endlessly to get temps stable I gave up. I scavenged all of the parts and used them to build a UDS.

Don't get me wrong, it'll do if you don't have anything else but it will have a much steeper learning curve and your patience will be tested. But last night on Diners Dive ins and Dives they showed a guy that smoked his salmon on a Brinkman ECB, it did him right.

I guess it's not worth it then. We have barrels where I work. I need to get off my lazy backside and build a UDS.

Back