Discussion Thread -> "Time to Loin Up!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Pork Loin Chops with a Honey Bourbon Orange Marmalade Glaze

Please accept is as my entry into the “It’s time to Loin up” Throwdown.

Here are my plated shots with the glaze.

Please use the photo below as my polling picture.

Good Eats! :becky:

The entire cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2860354#post2860354

Please accept this as my official entry into this weeks "Time to Loin Up" TD.

It started here.

The label if you please!

Impaled and dusted with Yardbird rub.

Spun around a few hundred times

Some crispy skin for the cook to knibble on

Sliced and juicy loin!

Plated up and my polling pic if you please!

Thanks for lookin!

bacon and spinach wrapped tenderloin pinwheels

Tonight's dinner was bacon and spinach wrapped tenderloin pinwheels with an orange garlic glaze, along with a side of coffee rubbed tenderloin.

The full thread is located here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185080

My official entry is the photo below...Thanks for looking everyone!

My, label shot...

Official Entry Ronelle!

Since it was said as long as the package said loins...

tenders_zpsaa5495d1.jpg

tenders1_zpsfece9e59.jpg

Now to wait three days. No clues other than what you can see. 6 TBS HDD and 6 TBS EVOO and about 3 lbs of tenderloins (Two packs)...

OK, so, five days. Anyhow, today was the kettle cook. Here's the HDD angry bird:

loin_zps90a87a33.jpg

It got dredged in this:

loin1_zpsc7cf11d9.jpg

loin2_zpsa9dbe225.jpg

Then a batter was made with these. Just messin' around with flavors I thought would match...

loin3_zps41182f8f.jpg

While waiting for the batter to fully hydrate I made a dipping sauce from these:

loin4_zps1b00abf5.jpg

I realized I forgot to take a pic of the last dredge which was sweetened shredded coconut flakes and Old London seasoned bread crumbs. They looked like this:

loin5_zps57a3a2ba.jpg

They went on a hot kettle after being sprayed with canola...

loin6_zpsfb953794.jpg

Brought 'em in when done.

Here they are collected:

loin7_zps05ae681d.jpg

I had some smaller pieces that I fried on the stove so I crisped up the crunchy bit about a minute on a few of the grilled ones. They looked like this:

loin8_zps798213e3.jpg

So that was a little cheat. Redhot determined they were both just as good, great in fact, just different textures. The sauce with these gets a big thumbs up. No plate shot yet but I'll edit it in before the edit deadline.

And here 'tis. The plate. Sampling them both I selected two from the kettle and one that had been fried briefly after coming off the kettle. The pure ones had a delicate subtle crisp to them which I liked. THe sauce was a perfect compliment.

The TD Entry Pic:

platetd_zpsbd683950.jpg

Last edited:
Back