New Disposable Brine/Marinade Bag???

Stark-O-Rama

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello All!

How many of you use buckets, or something that you have to lug to a competition, and wash after?

We're coming out with a new Disposable Brine/Marinade Bag that will be extremely easy to use, and will guarantee complete liquid coverage over any size comp meat.

I'm wondering if you think this would be beneficial, or if we should only make a really small run :loco:

Our bags will be only pennies per competition. I've been testing prototypes at our comps, and think it's a great idea. However, I don't want to manufacture a bunch, and end up using them as paper weights.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Put this over in the competition area, you'll get seen by more competitors.

If they are really big enough for whole packers, i would have used them...will in the future. I cannot walk right now, so can't use them currently.

I would definitely use them for home use if they are big enough and can keep the juices in the bag. Got any pics of them in action?

It would be dependent upon the size if I could use them. I no longer do competitions, but would consider them for catering preparation.

We use 2 gallon ziplock bags for pork butts and some briskets. We also use roll bags and a vacuum sealer.

If you can beat ziplock on quality and/or price, I'd give them a try.

Do they seal like a ziplock or similar? So far the seal type bags is what I use and when purchased at the right place they're cheap. How thick? Show pics if you can.
Steve.

I would size them so they could act as liners in standard 3 & 5 gallon buckets or comparable food service containers. I line the idea of the bag, but would probably still want something a little more sturdy to go in the fridge or chill chest.

Brine bags big enough for turkeys have been available for years. Ziploc XL bags also come in various big sizes. If you can beat the price (including shipping) then it may be worthwhile. The only thing I would brine at a competition is chicken and that fits just fine in a gallon zipper bag.

When I inject brisket and pork a few hours before it goes on the smoker, I'll store it in a trash bag in the cooler, so I could see something like this being beneficial if the price was right.

I've tested a 24x33 8 mic foodgrade bag that will easily fit in a 5 gallon bucket. We have a 24x24 bag that will fit in a 3 gallon bucket - both with enough overhang to tie, and squeeze all of the air out. I've actually been using them without a bucket and have not had 1 leak.

Then we're also working on a 24x33 bag that's as thick as a Heavy Duty Ziplock Freezer bag....There are different kinds of foodgrade plastics, so I'm trying to see which one works the best, and at the lowest price...

Like the 3 and 5 gallon sizes. Think you need to go with a strong material and a ziploc.

My concern at this size is that a ZipLock won't handle the pressure. If we leave extra plastic to just tie a knot in it, my thought is that would be the strongest seal. It's also easier to get all of the air out.....

Try the ziploc 3and 5 gallon bags . There double ziploc. I find them at Lowes in xl and xxl. See if they work for what your striving for in your bags.

Back