when is "too soon"?

K

Kung Fu BBQ

I missed out on some comps last year cause they filled up so fast. So here it is the first day of the year and I'm bombarding emails out for info and regristation forms for contests in June.

I know that the "sport" is getting big and i live in an area ripe with cookers but damn I get mad when they fill up fast.

We've done events both ways -- register early because we know that we absolutely want to do that event...other times we wait. For me, if it closes before I register I usually judge...if it's closed out they probably need judges!

I missed out on one last year that we really wanted to do because I waited to long. I would say that as soon as you can get an entry form fill it out and send in your money.

Our first major contest is in April. We paid in Nov. because it fills up fast.

MoKanMeathead said:
I missed out on one last year that we really wanted to do because I waited to long. I would say that as soon as you can get an entry form fill it out and send in your money.

Especially if the contest is small. Say like DeSoto, KS!:mad::twisted::shock:

SinginBob said:
Especially if the contest is small. Say like DeSoto, KS!:mad::twisted::shock:

But then you couldnt have done Columbia.... and I heard your singing all the way from DeSoto. Cows screaming right and left....:icon_shy

I'm looking for info on some of these and thier websites are still pimpin the 06 stuff. Should I be calling the numbers from the info on the KCBS site?
I just want to cook the meat and drink the beer!

Kung Fu BBQ said:
I missed out on some comps last year cause they filled up so fast. So here it is the first day of the year and I'm bombarding emails out for info and regristation forms for contests in June.

I know that the "sport" is getting big and i live in an area ripe with cookers but damn I get mad when they fill up fast.

We are registering for the contests that we want to cook at and will accept our application and payment now. Some contests have responded that they will start accept payments as of XX-XX-XX. It never hurts to be early.

Back