• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The time has come....to upgrade. Traeger vs Rec Tec...HELP!

I know exactly what seefyre is saying. And for all you people who respect and stand by the phrase "MADE IN THE USA", your the best.:clap: YAHHH!!! Now I'm gonna sell my traeger o75 and buy MADE IN THE USA. Mine was made here, cuz it's 4 years old. Nevertheless, it's going down the road.

I have a 22.5 WSM and i love it...but i want to supplement/upgrade to a wood pellet grill.

They are the same price....about the same size (Texas Grill vs Rec Tec)...and i can't decide.

Traeger has a 3 year warranty while Rec Tec has a 6 year warranty. BUT....Traeger has been in business for over 30 years....Rec Tec....I have no idea.

I STRONGLY prefer the look of the Traeger...but from what i'm reading the Rec Tec seems to be built better....

I can't decide!!! PLEASE HELP!??! :cry::mrgreen::twitch:

BBQ sauce reviews just did a review on the rec tec. I believe he said it was made in china.

Yep, I just posted my review on the REC TEC Grill this past Wednesday on our website, BBQ Sauce Reviews. I don't think I'm aloud to post a direct link to it, but maybe someone else on here can. :wink:

The REC TEC Grill is made in China, however, the heart and soul of the grill (the computer) is made here in the USA. The powder coat is also made in the USA and the final assembly along with quality control takes place at the REC TEC Grill facility in Georgia.

The REC TEC Grill does comes with a 6 year limited warranty and the overall dimensions of the grill are (H x W x D) 48″ x 57″ x 34″ and the grill weighs 203 pounds. Plus if your're not fully satisfied with the REC TEC, you let them know within 30 days and they will refund your purchase price and pay to have it shipped back to them.

I really like that the REC TEC has a 40lb capacity hopper on it for those long cooks and the micro polished solid stainless steel bull horn handles make the grill look pretty Bad A$$ too. :twisted:

Ray Carnes is one of the 2 owners of REC TEC Grills and his phone number is 706-294-1729 (I was told by Ray it was OK to post his phone number). Give him a call when you have time and let him know that you're looking into buying a pellet grill soon and want to know why you should buy one of his REC TEC Grills. He will be able to provide you even more reasons on why you should look into getting one of his REC TEC Grills.

I've used a Traeger, Smoke Daddy Pellet Pro Grill, GMG and a REC TEC Grill and if I had to choose out of those 4, I'd pick the REC TEC hands down!

~Jay Prince

I bought a Rec Tec and received it two weeks ago. I love the unit. I have done Pork Ribs, Pork Shoulder, Brisket (12 hour smoke), A 14.5 pound Turkey, Chicken Thighs wrapped in Bacon and just Bacon. Most impressed with the temperature control for you set it and it stays within a few degrees and most the time it is spot on. I highly recommend the Rec Tec.

I have had a RecTec since mid November 2013 and love it.

I do think its important to buy American whenever possible, although much for the individual components of the RT are manufactured in China, final assembly does take place in the US.

I would have perused an all USA made grill however what gave RT the leg up for me was the overall value and the fact it is sold on Amazon. My employer doesn't do bonuses but does give out gift cards for a job well done. I had some Amazon gift cards that needed to be "burned up" so to speak so after much research RT it was.

I have had a RecTec since mid November 2013 and love it.

I do think its important to buy American whenever possible, although much for the individual components of the RT are manufactured in China, final assembly does take place in the US.

I would have perused an all USA made grill however what gave RT the leg up for me was the overall value and the fact it is sold on Amazon. My employer doesn't do bonuses but does give out gift cards for a job well done. I had some Amazon gift cards that needed to be "burned up" so to speak so after much research RT it was.

Glad to hear you're loving your REC TEC Grill! I'm loving mine as well.

Also just wanted to mention that the REC TEC Grill is made in China, however, the heart and soul of the grill (the computer) is made here in the USA. The powder coat is also made in the USA and the final assembly along with quality control takes place at the REC TEC Grill facility in Georgia.
The REC TEC Grill comes with a 6 year limited warranty as well.

It's a great pellet grill and I enjoy using mine as much as I can. :)

~Jay Prince

Last edited:
Been using a Traeger Select since Christmas and freakin love it. Smokin deal at $999 at Costco.

My next grill will be a Memphis. Just built the best bottom line.

Bought a Texas last fall. Cooks great even in rain, snow and cold. Formerly a WSM disciple. I rarely fire them up any more. Texas is easy to clean and very stable.

I know exactly what seefyre is saying. And for all you people who respect and stand by the phrase "MADE IN THE USA", your the best.:clap: YAHHH!!! Now I'm gonna sell my traeger o75 and buy MADE IN THE USA. Mine was made here, cuz it's 4 years old. Nevertheless, it's going down the road.
075 is down the road. Bought a Blaz n Grill-Grid Iron model. Comp. cart. Made in Beatrice Ne "USA". Check em out online. Never hurts to look.

I have a 22.5 WSM and i love it...but i want to supplement/upgrade to a wood pellet grill.

Have you seen the Pellet Pro stacker from Cajun Bandit? Turns your WSM into a pellet pooper.

Back