Upgrading my cook area

And thennnn?

Well, it's nearly finished. I was going to wait 'till the end because I figured I was boring everyone to death. I mean after all, it's a carport.

....but since you asked :mrgreen: Here are a couple of update pics:

IMG_3460-XL.jpg

IMG_3466%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

IMG_3475%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

Hope to have it done in the next week or so.

My neighbor just did something similar to this. I'm envious of the ability to have one build without it looking awkward. My roof line on the other hand is really tall, but I'm thinking of doing something like this next to the garage since that has a lower roof line to work with. It's beautiful. What's the divider for?

My neighbor just did something similar to this. I'm envious of the ability to have one build without it looking awkward. My roof line on the other hand is really tall, but I'm thinking of doing something like this next to the garage since that has a lower roof line to work with. It's beautiful. What's the divider for?

It's a closet for storing BBQ do-dads, shop vac, etc.. It will also hide the smoke stack / chimney that will soon be installed.

Farking awesome dude! :clap2:

I'm gonna be in Buchanan in a couple weeks. If I wasn't so busy with family stuff I'd invite myself over! :hungry:

Farking awesome dude! :clap2:

I'm gonna be in Buchanan in a couple weeks. If I wasn't so busy with family stuff I'd invite myself over! :hungry:

Greg, that's like an hour and half away, and I'm inviting you if you have any time to spare. PM me when you get a chance.

Holy crap, now that is a serious addition. Love the ceiling and knee wall. What will you be attaching to the chimney?

Damn :shock:

I was thinking to do something to a space under one of my decks, but this put it to shame

I have my hopes and dreams of retasking a garage, but you have definitely done it to a higher level.
----
I have not fully researched my project yet. You mentioned putting in a chimney for the smoker. Curious if how you are addressing potential draft and grease issues. I had been planning on putting in a hood in my project, and forcing the draft through the hood with an attic fan. I was mostly concerned how the attic fan would deal with heat/smoke - I totally discounted the flammability of the grease that will eventually collect on the walls of the duct work. I had a flame up in my smoker this weekend, and saw the walls of it burning with old grease, so I might need to address that - abet regular cleaning is the easiest way...

Last edited:
Almost finished now. The exhaust for the smoker is finally installed. The stack runs through the utility closet and up through the roof. I haven't yet tested it, but I think it should draw better than ever.

IMG_3937%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

View from inside the closet.

IMG_3943%20-%20Version%202-XL.jpg

Just for completeness, the roof part with the cap. (Yup, pretty standard)

IMG_3948-XL.jpg

I'll get a chance to see how useable the space really is on the 4th. We're having a fair number of folks over for a BBQ. :-D

Thanks for looking, and happy 4th to all.

Back