• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket stall help

BBQfirefighter148

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
need some help guys i have a 8# point been between 245-275 for about 8 hours it hit the stall around 165 and after 2.5hrs starting rising up to 172 at that time i had to add some more fuel and have been sitting at 268 for the last 2 hours dropped to 158 and has been stuck there. i have never done a brisket with out using the crutch and wanted to try without it. is this a normal stall for a brisket?

thanks for the help

yep. Not sure why it dropped temp, but the stall is unpredictable.

Actually, I think the closer it is to suppertime, the longer the stall lasts. :tsk:

Murphy :beck:

tell me about it the wife is asking every 5 min is it done yet or what temp is it at

The answer to that question is, "its done when its done". My wife used to be the same way but now she just expects dinner whenever and goes on and eats the sides first. Still not as late as when I was drinking.

The answer to that question is, "its done when its done". My wife used to be the same way but now she just expects dinner whenever and goes on and eats the sides first. Still not as late as when I was drinking.

"its done whens its done" is my response sometimes that doesn't go over to well haha

I'm not sure you have your probe in the right place looking at the pic. I like to go in horizontal from the end to the thickest part. Have you checked for probe tender?

Slice it across the grain next time Looks more like a Flat to me. Point has different grain structure.BWTFDIK

i thought it was a flat also but the butcher swore it was a point. still was very good. across or with grain?

Beautiful bark, nice smoke ring, but it looks a little dry. How was the actual taste and tenderness?

Back