smoked corn

S

Shawnpeter198

What is the best way to smoke corn. Should I use my grill or smoker, and can I smoke the corn while ribs or chicken

Personally, I grill them out of the husks, turning them every couple of minutes...just enough to get some kernels browned but not burned all over. I know a lot of people soak the whole corn cob with the husk in water for an hour or so, then grill it like that. I like the charred taste so that's why I grill them the way I do.

Thanks man, do you put anything on the corn before grilling it

I don't, no. When it's done it gets the butter and either salt or Plowboys yardbird rub.

I peel back the husks and remove the silk. Rub some butter or margarine all around the kernels. Sprinkle heavily with your favorite rub and pull the husks back up around the corn. I cook them indirect at about 350 degrees with a little pecan wood for about 30 - 45 minutes. They are filled with flavor that's melted into each kernel.

I prefer out of the husks as well. Soaked and cooked in the husks works well, but the smoke doesn't really penetrate the husks.

If I'm using my offset I'll put the corn on the firebox end of the smoke chamber for 30-40 minutes and then give them a few minutes of direct grilling to give them a little char. On a kettle I keep them on the cool side of the grill (covered) for about 20 minutes and then direct grill.

I brush them w/olive oil or butter a couple times as they smoke, but you don't have to do that. I usually match the spices to whatever I'm cooking. One of my favorites is cilantro butter, salt, and guajillo powder.

2184784328_d13444486d.jpg

I peel back the husks, rub on a little olive oil, salt 'em, close the husks and put 'em on the egg at 225-250 for about an hour with light smoke.

the way we like to do corn is shuck it,coat with mayo and chili powder.then sprinkle with parm chesse wrap in foil then grill

Back