Dutch Oven Bierocks

Those look fantastic! It ain't easy to get that nice color all around on top - not for me anyway. :oops:

Excellent work as always Jeanie! :cool:

Those look fantastic! It ain't easy to get that nice color all around on top - not for me anyway. :oops:

Excellent work as always Jeanie! :cool:

I'm sure everything you make in a DO comes out great!!
I rotated the lid half way through to be safe. :mrgreen:

Thanks Greg... :hug:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I'd add cheese and BBQ sauce. But you just gave me an idea! Thanks.

Thanks!
That would be tasty! I've made these filled with pulled pork and Q sauce.
For regular ole bierocks I go for the cabbage, beef and black pepper flavor.

Looking good Jeanie, I've been meaning to try these for a while. Thanks for the reminder. :wink: :thumb:

Here's what Runzas look like.

images
images

Thank you Paul!

thanks Jeanie--that's nice of you to say...wrong, but nice :loco::mrgreen:

lol Matt... yours DO blow mine away. :thumb:

Looking good Jeanie, I've been meaning to try these for a while. Thanks for the reminder. :wink: :thumb:

Jason thanks! I have many of your recipes saved to try. I need a twin to help me with the work so I can have fun cooking. :mrgreen:

Here's what Runzas look like.

images
images

Yum!! I think I would love those too. Thanks for the pic!

Thank you Dave and Bob!!

Jeanie, how much coal do you use on top and bottom? Look awesome, onna short list!

Jeanie, how much coal do you use on top and bottom? Look awesome, onna short list!

Mark I usually don't count them. I like to space them evenly on top and put about half as many on bottom.
When using wood coals I just shovel a few on top and rotate the lid about half way through cooking.
When I'm not sure about a recipe, I peek after 15 minutes to get an idea of how the food is doing.

Not sure if that's much help to you!!
Good luck with them!

A lady friend from western Kansas introduced me to bierocks back in the 80s (which is the last time i had them). Looks mighty tasty there Jeanie!

Mark I usually don't count them. I like to space them evenly on top and put about half as many on bottom.
When using wood coals I just shovel a few on top and rotate the lid about half way through cooking.
When I'm not sure about a recipe, I peek after 15 minutes to get an idea of how the food is doing.

Not sure if that's much help to you!!
Good luck with them!
Thanks Jeanie, that'll work!:thumb:

Beautiful!
I am thinking mix the meat with mashed potatoes and a mild cheddar cheese.

Back