What local brews are you into?

I agree...can't get much more local than home brewin'...a nice Irish Red Ale...mmmm...my favorite.

IrishRedAle_zps6ca4cb60.jpg

Lagunitas
Surly
Three Floyds

Best 3 (in no order) micro brews in the country in my opinion. I am a big IPA / Pale Ale fan.

Sorry thought he waas pulling my leg, about the IPA.
Why is now becoming popular?
Thanks DanB
It's usually a little stronger and more hoppy. Which is fine by me!

The west coast brewers started pushing the boundaries with really hoppy beers in the last couple decades usually using "C" hops. Cascade, Chinook, Centennial, and Columbus, which have a grassy/citrusy flavor.

Lotta craft breweries have started in the DFW area in the last 5 years but my favorite is Franconia in McKinney, Texas. Dennis, the owner/brewmaster is from Germany and his family has been making beer since the early 1800s.

Hi all What is an IPA beer?
A disgusting one! :puke:

Good to know peeps won't be raiding my ice chest this weekend. IPAs are my favorite style!

(However, will also be bringing some beers I'm sure peeps will like.)

Lotta craft breweries have started in the DFW area in the last 5 years but my favorite is Franconia in McKinney, Texas. Dennis, the owner/brewmaster is from Germany and his family has been making beer since the early 1800s.

Good to know peeps won't be raiding my ice chest this weekend. IPAs are my favorite style!

(However, will also be bringing some beers I'm sure peeps will like.)
Brown Ales are probably my favorite...

This is a subject I hold dear to my heart as I love supporting the local scene here which has taken off the last few years. Breweries like Wynwood, Funky Buddha, Cigar City, Due South just to name a few are great places with a Smörgåsbord of different styles and taste. I also venture off and make my own and I love Founders.

Unfortunately it's trying to be taken away from Florida as politicians, specifically Ray Rodrigues, are trying to pass laws that don't allow the breweries who MAKE THEIR OWN BEER to be able to serve it fresh. They would have to sell it to one of the big 3 distributors, who then would sell it back to the breweries, and then be allowed to serve it. Pretty much closing tap rooms. The guys entire campaign for re-election is being funded by the big 3...go figure. I've been a strong activist in trying to get this taken off the floor for voting in November but there's only so much I can do. I apologize for the rant but I haven't been this upset over political strength since the way the Miami Marlins stadium got funded. Here are some pics.

My home brew amber ale and the rare Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout).

I would be willing to trade a KBS for a 3Floyds Zombie Dust of someone could help a brother out :)

Attachments

• 1396631069698.jpg
    1396631069698.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 82
  • aviary_1392414608811.jpg
    aviary_1392414608811.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 82
We have a bottle share every Friday at Bootleggers Brewery in Fullerton. Hard to pick just one.
My favorites are Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Porters and Stouts.
Notice, that's a 10 year old(2004) Alaskan Smoked Porter :becky:
20130517_164632_zps81f07701.jpg

WP_001078_zps99e90c7b.jpg

WP_001339_zps57689c7f.jpg

WP_000652_zps66282fe4.jpg

Last edited:
Lagunitas
Surly
Three Floyds

Best 3 (in no order) micro brews in the country in my opinion. I am a big IPA / Pale Ale fan.

Have you had any of the Vermont brews? If not you have to take a trip over here and try The Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, and Lawsons. There of the best brewers in the country. I've got to get my hands on the Surly and Floyds. Tree House is just down the street from me and people are going to start going nuts over them. Some already have.

So many favorites... In my town New Belgium is the big dog. My favs are Odell and Equinox. Odell Loose Leaf (now in bottles!!) is a pretty awesome session. We have been gaining a new brewery every couple of months. Left Hand, Oskar Blues and Avery just down the road. Love the options.

Good thread...I like seeing all the breweries we can't get regularly. Those I have to wait for at GABF:evil:. GABF should be on the bucket list for any beer nuts (2800 beers from 600 breweries last year, this year...bigger:thumb:)

Its fantastic. This brewery is small, they don't do any bottling yet. But he has to do founders,bells, arcadia, darkhorse, shorts. Like I said there is no shortage around here

This is an all time favorite and always available from my fridge

founders-dirty-bastard.jpg

Founders and darkhorse are some of my favorite breweries here in west Michigan. My favorite though is Brewery Vivant in Grand Rapids.... if any of you find these in your local store, give them a try. I promise you it will be worth it. He has mastered the art of wheat belgium beers.

Cheers

My home brew amber ale and the rare Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout).
I had others tell me the Founders KBS was rare, it was on tap at our local bar, in the big town of Hollywood Township, MN which has the bustlin population of around 1,100 people. I think my wife and I drank at least 8 beers off that keg.

I'm thinking we should start a beer trade :behindsofa:

I think that is a great idea. We have a great selection of beer here in Grand Rapids (Beer city 2013!) but I would love to sample some of the favorites of my fellow brethren. We definitely need to get a discussion going on this.

Back