looked in the mirror to see if I had a 3rd eye

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I had to look, because that was the kind of look I got from my wife when I told here I was about to go out the door to buy another weber gasser just like the one I just had given to me awhile back.:rolleyes:

Try as I did to explain this one was in much better shape and needed nothing except a little cleaning she still had this dazed look, I never get tired of that look, and its a good thing, because I see it a lot lately. :oops:

This one had a brand new set of stainless steel grates which I was going to buy for the other one anyway, it also has the catch drip tray and holder, and the double flavor bars, which will save me about 90.00 bucks, or more.

At this point her eyes where starting to roll back into her eye sockets, and she stuttered a bit when asking me to explain it again, which I did as I grabbed my keys, quickly sliding out the door, not wanting to see her go into shock.:redface:

This is a weber platinum, I paid 35.00 for it but like I said it is complete and except for a little cleaning, all it needs is some meat and gas. It also has the hanger for the gas bottle which is supposed to tell you how much is in it, we will see how that works. :clap2:

Dang I just remembered Mothers Day is fast approaching, I am willing to bet that is why she has not acted upset about it yet. :twitch:
Dave

um, tie a bow around it and on mothers day say "surprise" !

I was thinking a big o juicy T-bone and some grilled shrimp mite smooth things over, with absolutely no smoking involved.:becky:
Dave

When I surprised my "other" with the news I had purchased a used Jambo..........she said...NOTHING......smart girl knows if I'm outside cooking #1 I'm not messing up #2..she doesn't have to cook!!

Congrats! I am very familiar with that look. I think I need to give her a break for awhile.

um, tie a bow around it and on mothers day say "surprise" !

If you are talking about the grill than ok, but If you are not talking about the grill, then that would be a heck of a surprise for both of us.:icon_blush:
Dave

Ummmm yeppers!
My wife said you now have 7 smokers.....I said you have like 30 pairs of shoes.
She shook her head, turned around and walked away.
I am thrilled she has no idea what my tools costs.
Ya either gotta get some nuggets or turn in you man card.
P.S. I used the crap outta my wood working tools to build the wife a potting bench a couple days ago......She said my tools were awesome. 28 of her FB friends agreed and now want me to build them one too.

Ummmm yeppers!
My wife said you now have 7 smokers.....I said you have like 30 pairs of shoes.
She shook her head, turned around and walked away.
I am thrilled she has no idea what my tools costs.
Ya either gotta get some nuggets or turn in you man card.
P.S. I used the crap outta my wood working tools to build the wife a potting bench a couple days ago......She said my tools were awesome. 28 of her FB friends agreed and now want me to build them one too.

Starting a business on FB, priceless!

About 5 years ago when I was laying in the hospital about to have a 4 way bypass, and not knowing what the outcome may have been, I told my wife what my tools were worth, along with my smokers, guns, and somethings she had no idea I even had. I only did this so she would have some idea as what to sell them for, because I new she would have no idea of the cost, nor would she have any use for any of it. I have regretted not dying ever since, but I now feel like I am finely back on the road to a full recovery.:rolleyes:
Dave

just remember to not say anything if she wants a new pair of $$$$$ shoes.

Back