Long week that ended up just fine.........

MRI_Guy

Take a breath!
Reaction score
12+ hours of drive time, 5 states, 4 days, 4 flights, destroyed suitcase, and I should have taken a breath to get stitched up - but I was on a mission to get home last night. I wasn't about to miss my final flight because of a cut.

Anyways - after all of that - I was able to get some spare ECB charcoal pans for the Harbormaster & I to use as waterpans in our WSMs...........

Knowing we will be making some good eats together this summer takes the edge off of a rough week like this.

Gonna have to buy a new suitcase though.

2563_56960091988_581721988_1624920_5926559_n.jpg

2563_56960096988_581721988_1624921_8288683_n.jpg

2563_56960106988_581721988_1624923_6580051_n.jpg

2563_56960111988_581721988_1624924_8060271_n.jpg

So how did you get cut bad enough that it needs stitches? DUDE! You haven't even been hangin' around with me. Yet.

Did you check out the fit of the ECB pans? I hope they were the right ones. When we get together (if you're interested) I'll show you how I made my Piedmont Pans.

Have a great weekend!

Oh, and I do NOT miss my days as a road warrior. Don't know how you can do it with kids.

Where were you?

Massacheusetts?

That is in another week..........

So how did you get cut bad enough that it needs stitches? DUDE! You haven't even been hangin' around with me. Yet..

I was crating up my test equipment and putting a zip tie through the padlock hole. There was a little chard of metal from shipping damage to the case. I knew it was a quality wound when I saw dripping blood without feeling myself get cut. But like I said - I was on a mission to get home.

Did you check out the fit of the ECB pans? I hope they were the right ones. When we get together (if you're interested) I'll show you how I made my Piedmont Pans.

Dude - I've only been home for about 8 hours - give me time.........(I'll try right after my upcoming conference call - hehehehehe)

Oh, and I do NOT miss my days as a road warrior. Don't know how you can do it with kids.

It isn't as much fun as it used to be. Now - it is get the job done and get home. These multi-city trips don't come up too often, but I have had them back to back weeks. It takes ALOT out of a guy. Caffine & airport subs can keep a guy going for quite some time................

Looks like you have the rat race game down pat.

Hang in there and make the most of the family when you are there.

One word (or is it 2?): duct tape

I remember those days before my company clamped down on travel. You gotta hate those hidden shards of metal...

What did they do? Drag your luggage there? :wink:
In all fairness - that is about 150,000 miles of wear and tear on that suitcase - or since Christmas 2007.

But that handle breaking and the BIG rip was the final straw. Sigh.

What happened to kauai? LOL!

As far as I know, Kauai still has chickens running loose on the island.............hehehehehe

After the changing of the guard - they had to re-apply for financing. I don't know all the political details. But their system is in LA waiting to take the big boat to the islands. I also smoked a couple of butts recently and vacuum packed some for my journey to share.

Back