Knife Storage In Trailer

They would fall from my magnetic knife bar. Don't think it is worth the chance even if yours is stronger.

They will defintiely fall if they are held against a magnet on the wall, parallel to the wall. They will slide right off. Believe it or not, they will hold better if held to the ceiling, but I would not recommend that either, unless they are REALLY strong magnets. Get some of these, but you may shred yourself getting the knives OFF the magnets. They will not fall off though.
http://www.monroeengineering.com/magnets.old/page05.htm?gclid=CKSj-9ef7pcCFQFvGgod6hQbDg

I think the magnets can damage a knifes edge especially when putting the knife on it, so I dont use them. I made some leather scabards for my knives that I use when I transport them. The scabards dont take up much space and do a great job protecting the knives.

the big ones will fall. I remove them and roll them in a towel and put them in the sink before transport. They go right back on as soon as we arrive.

I think the magnets can damage a knifes edge especially when putting the knife on it, so I dont use them. I made some leather scabards for my knives that I use when I transport them. The scabards dont take up much space and do a great job protecting the knives.

The edge never comes in contact with the magnet on mine.

Back