Georgia Barbecue Classic, 6/1-6/2 RESULTS!!!

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Any Brethren going to be there?
I should be pulling in Thursday evening.
See you there!

i'll be there to greet you with bbq crew cookin chicken & ribsfor me !

Bringing in a ringer I see.
GAME ON! :cool:

seen some big players here lotto bull, jiggy piggy, abs cookin crew, green eggs and ham, smokey mountain smokers, bubba q, and many others, makes you feel like if you even get a call you'd be doin good. it rained off and on all day yesterday and last nite, the tent guys are really tired lookin this morning !:wink:

swamp boys RESERVE GRAND!!!!!!!

SMOKEY MOUNTAIN SMOKERS WON, RUB got Reserve Grand !!!!!

Congrats to Rub--WTG Bro!

OK Rub--lots of money in the bank. You ready to sell that outdated trailer yet?
:lol:

Awaiting full results to see how it went!

TIM

Well, here is what I can find!
Congrats to Rub, Big Daddy, and Bubba on a fine day in a tough field!

TIM
--------------------
10.Just-Fer-Fun
9. Johnny Mitchell's
8. Governor's BBQ
7. Lotta Bull
6. Bareknuckles
5. EJ's
4. The ABS Cooking Team
3. Jiggy Piggy
2. Swamp Boys BBQ
1. Smoky Mtn. Smokers

Chicken

10. Big Daddy Q
9. Uncle Chet's
8. Beaver Creek
7. Swamp Boys
6. Lost Mountain
5. Benny's
4. Lotta Bull
3. Shade Tree
2. EJ's
1. Bareknuckles

Ribs

10. Just-Fer-Fun
9. EJ's
8. Ziegler's
7. Wicked Que
6. Southern Stiles
5. Bub-Ba-Q
4. Swamp Boys
3. Governor's
2. Country Boys
1. Smoky Mtn. Smokers

Pork

10. Big Jim's
9. Jiggy Piggy
8. Swamp Boys
7. Carpet Capitol Smokers
6. Johnny Mitchell's
5. Swine Dive
4. The ABS Cooking Team
3. Grillin' Gangsters
2. Smoky Mtn. Smokers
1. Papa J's

Brisket

10. Uncle Chet's
9. The ABS Cooking Team
8. Wild Moon
7. Big Green Eggs and Ham
6. Smoky Mtn. Smokers
5. Jiggy Piggy
4. Big Daddy Q
3. Johnny Mitchell's
2. EJ's
1. Just-Fer-Fun

Congrats to all, and a nice article to boot!

River Fest 2007

Even though the fireworks display was cancelled, the 2007 RiverFest was a rousing success. Ten cooking teams were on hand to compete in the 'Bar-B-que Cook-off', the WarBirds were flying from 10AM until 5PM, the finish line for the Kayak Race was here and music was in the air from bluegrass, Amber Alexander, to rock, 4 Play. According to Sheila Still, Valley Parks and Recreation Department, between 250-300 people attended the event.

The Big Green Eggs and Ham team from Mobile, Alabama won the Bar-B-Que Cook-off with the Valley's own HoocheeQue placing 2nd. Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew from McDonough, Georgia won 3rd place, Big Pig Inc, from Newnan, GA. came in 4th and Caveman's Q, also from Newnan, won 5th place. Other cooking participants were Down Home Char-Broilers, Mountainview Smokers, Holy Smokers, Hog Wild of Alabama and local cookers Eddy Chandler and Charles Story.
The teams from out-of-town were so impressed with the area that they contacted the Florida Bar-B-Que Association and suggested that they sanction the Valley for future Bar-B-Que cookoffs. The FBA has contacted city officials and this process is underway.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the 2007 RiverFest - vendors, cooking teams, bands, employees and a very special thanks to all who attended. See yall in 2008!

That sure sounds like it was a real tough, soggy, well fought battle of great cooking teams. Sure woulda loved to see it.

Congratulatins to all.

Great job Rub. Congrats to all the Brethren Q'ers.

Where was the competition? I would have loved to have come just to see one first hand.

Thanks guys, and congratulations to Big Daddy and Bub Ba Q for your walks. Lot's of fun was had in GA :cool:

Back