ribeye steak sandwiches

hogzillas

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Which would be best way to do some thin cut (1/4") ribeye steak sandwiches - grill or smoke (smoke temp high or low)? For smoker it's a BDS drum so would be along the lines of direct heat

Direct h&f is the way to go. Another idea for those 1/4" steaks - ever think about putting them in a screaming hot CI on the grill. A little S & P, a minute or so on each side and voila! Meat goes on a potato roll or large kaiser roll with sliced pickles and extra-thin sliced vidalias and you're good to go!

Thought about the CI but its tailgate cooking for dozen or more & don't have CI large enough for anything but maybe 1 or 2 at a time. I might at some point get some CI grates for the Weber but many other things ahead of that. I was hoping that smoking be it at a higher temp would give a little more smoke flavor similar in function to maybe smoking a whole rib roast, which I thought of doing then slice off it but decided that thin steaks would be way to go instead. I've got some time before this tailgate to figure it out but just looking for some extra thoughts/ideas to consider

Thought about the CI but its tailgate cooking for dozen or more & don't have CI large enough for anything but maybe 1 or 2 at a time. I might at some point get some CI grates for the Weber but many other things ahead of that. I was hoping that smoking be it at a higher temp would give a little more smoke flavor similar in function to maybe smoking a whole rib roast, which I thought of doing then slice off it but decided that thin steaks would be way to go instead. I've got some time before this tailgate to figure it out but just looking for some extra thoughts/ideas to consider

Tailgate on Nov 9th before the game cause you won't have an appetite after. :caked:

for something that thin, h&f or a quick reverse sear are the only ways to go imo. trying to smoke a thin steak will only ruin it.

Tailgate on Nov 9th before the game cause you won't have an appetite after. :caked:
tumblr_m6jlb1OURZ1rzz3r3o1_250.gif

Definitely not a fan of those turds down the road, though we did play ya'll this year (UAB) but it didn't go as well as last time we did when Little Nicky was there several yrs ago :p. I hope ya'll stomp the (you know what) out of them, their arrogance deserves it!!!

I know its hard for outside folk to believe but there are fans in this state that don't care for that team nor Auburn

Just piling on. Screeching hot and fast. Too bad you don't have a CI big enough. That is THE way to do ribeye IMO.

On a good hot grill, shouldn't take more than about 30 seconds per side and them heavenly sammiches will be the hit of the day. Probably wont take much longer to consume, so be sure and plan for several or serve lots of good sides and of course a few "adult" beverages. (Cokes, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, sweet tea, etc.) That is what you thought I was referring to?

Blessings,
Omar

Back