Stainless Prep Table

javahog2002

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My family is building me a prep area in the garage for my birthday. The prep area would be next to the fridge which is next to the door to backyard where the Smoker and the Weber collection are located.

We were considering the following commercial grade SS table (30" X 72") with 1 shelf below the table and 2 shelves above. It has a back splash and wheels.

stainlessTable_zps8f26ffbb.jpg

It is used but looks good. We have been offered it for $200.00. Based on my web searchs and CL searches, I was thinking the price was right. However, I never buy anything from CL without a bit of negotiating.

After offering him 50, 75 then 150, he texted me and said it was sold for 50.00 and a keg of PBR. Man was I pissed at that point. :mmph:

So on the way home from work on my birthday, I picked up some brats, beers and sides to cook for my B-Day dinner.

I was still bummed about the CL table that got away.

Especially since it was the exact size to fit next to my garage fridge and included everything I wanted in a prep table.

So I pull into the garage and I see the following setup:

DSCN1391_zps77d651b1.jpg

My wife called the CL seller and told him to say he had sold it. She asked if he could deliver it to our house for a little extra $$. Not a bad deal considering we would have to borrow a trailer and drive about 50 miles each way.

Here's a close up of my surprise B-Day present. They also picked up a few misc items at her favorite resale stores. Most of the items are brand new and unused.

DSCN1393_zps4a25576c.jpg

Looking forward to using this for the 4th parties. :grin:

BTW, I did not buy that match light which is under the table. It was free with one of the Webers. Not sure what I will do with it. :loco:

Sweeet, very nice table. Happy Birthday !

DM

That is so cool. You family is very thoughtful.

Well then, Happy Birthday! You're wife is definitely a keeper and you owe her big time!

[FONT=&quot]VERY, VERY cool.....you've got [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]a gre[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]at[/FONT][FONT=&quot] wife......[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Man, when I was reading the first part of that it pissed ME off.

Nice surprise. Glad it worked out for you.

BTW, I did not buy that match light which is under the table. It was free with one of the Webers. Not sure what I will do with it. :loco:

I was just going to give you a hard time about that. You can use it for dutch oven cooking.

Back