• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What would you call it?

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Made this up tonight, came out real tasty. It's kind of a combo of a pizza and a patty melt on the grill. "Grilled stuffed pizza buger melt" just seems somewhat cumbersome.....any ideas?

Here was the process/cook
The players;
Pizzaburgermelt001_zpsdcf0ecbf.jpg

The build
Pizzaburgermelt004_zps8e27de98.jpg

Pizzaburgermelt006_zps7b044ed3.jpg

Pizzaburgermelt007_zpsca9d5a80.jpg

I didn't want to use pizza sauce, so I used tomato slices seasoned with salt, peppr, gr garlic, gr onion, Basil, oregano, and a little sugar
Pizzaburgermelt009_zps1f271402.jpg

Covered with another half slice of provalone cheese, another patty, and sealed around the edges, then saesoned with a bit of SM season all.
Pizzaburgermelt012_zps6392847c.jpg

Grills hot
Pizzaburgermelt015_zps875dcb7b.jpg

Burgers on
Pizzaburgermelt016_zpsf64e7f84.jpg

The flip
Pizzaburgermelt018_zpsa93ce09f.jpg

More cheese
Pizzaburgermelt024_zps41d8f53b.jpg

Garlic french bread, and putting it all together
Pizzaburgermelt032_zpsba5849d5.jpg

Pizzaburgermelt027_zpsfdde58dd.jpg

Pizzaburgermelt036_zpsc36d4185.jpg

Pizzaburgermelt041_zps006d24ed.jpg

Pizzaburgermelt039_zps709de473.jpg

Pizzaburgermelt043_zpsf7337594.jpg

Pizzaburgermelt045_zps776074b2.jpg

This was a great sandwich, really smelled like pizza coming outta the vents of the Smokey Joe, gotta do this again, Yum!

What would you call it?

Love the feedback.

KC

To me the essence of pizza is the crust and there is none. I would call it a stuffed burger. Maybe a pizza stuffed burger? Looks good. :hungry:

I'd call it gone! :-D

A burger stuffed with cheese is a Juicy Lucy in some parts of the country. Since this had an italian flare maybe it's a Juicy Lucia? Or a Juicy Luigi? Although I'm less likely to order one of those :rolleyes:

The bar I used to work at use to make two types of stuffed burgers.

The Wolf filled Pepperoni and cheese.

The Supreme filled with Green Peppers,Mushrooms and Onions and cheese.

If you had any problem with them coming apart we all ways froze them after making them to help bind them together. Then we would Nuke them for 5-7 minutes then and grill them off for 15 minutes and they still would only come out Med Rare at best.

I'd call yours Za on a Toast.

I'd call it AWESOME!!

How about a pizzaburger melt?

I like the Jucy Lucia too...

I'd call it gone! :-D

A burger stuffed with cheese is a Juicy Lucy in some parts of the country. Since this had an italian flare maybe it's a Juicy Lucia? Or a Juicy Luigi? Although I'm less likely to order one of those :rolleyes:

Luigi Melt?

To me a pizza needs a foundation of actual crust to be called pizza, but it still looks like a tasty creation! Maybe call it a Peppi-melt?

Back