• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wegmans store brand lump. I'm impressed!

the prices probably differ regionally, we've had that price for close to a year.

They probably do, but we could easily not have noticed since my BBQ-addiction didn't set in until I got my Egg last summer. Hope they continue that for a good while longer!

I'll be driving through VA next week. I'll have to stop in. I'm sure the family won't mind some more halfmoons also. :roll:

Choose the store wisely, I'll probably be wiping my store out :mrgreen:

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I wiped my store out a while ago in Jersey. I like it, although it is only lump i have used. Always seems to burn great and never any oddities in my bags. I only have a couple left so I should probably check to see if my wegmans ever got any back in. I got crazy looks at Christmas when I asked if they had any charcoal in the back. lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Today I'm trying some of this lump out and so far so good. I lit about 4 pieces on the side burner of my old gasser and there was very little popping. It lit up nice in about 5 minutes.

u3yvyquz.jpg

I put the lit pieces in the small cleared out area with the rest of the lump for a variation of the minion method. It came up to around 230 pretty quick. I will be leaving it at that temp for about 1.5 hours before cranking the temp to 300-325.

a3ydequh.jpg

Chriscw81 although I do not know you I kind of get the feeling that you know absolutely nothing about bar b queing. Everyone knows the best thing to smoke with is cut up cardboard boxes and pine needles.

Chriscw81 although I do not know you I kind of get the feeling that you know absolutely nothing about bar b queing. Everyone knows the best thing to smoke with is cut up cardboard boxes and pine needles.

Well played, sir! :mrgreen:

Bro all BS aside I was looking on Amazon and finding prices on some lump at around 1.50 a lb. For my briquettes I'll stick with Kingsford, and for my lump I'll stick with Wicked Good.

Bro all BS aside I was looking on Amazon and finding prices on some lump at around 1.50 a lb. For my briquettes I'll stick with Kingsford, and for my lump I'll stick with Wicked Good.

Yeah, this stuff just happens to be local and cheap. I have WG sitting in the garage as I type. Good stuff. I would recommend checking Kroger in your neck of the woods, though. I hear their lump is also made by royal oak. You'll be impressed, if nothing else, it's cheap.

Hrrrm don't even know of any Krogers around me. I dont mind ordering it. If I buy bulk i'll probably get a good price. I noticed yours was in a plastic tub. Great thinking. Def need to do that!

Keep an eye out for sales at Wegmans. We bought some of their lump a few years ago when they had a sale on it. I think we paid something like $3.00 per bag.

I agree, it is good stuff.

wallace

Back