What's your best craigslist score

I'm gonna have to say it was my Whalen 37.5 inch King Kettle that was used 5 times and cleaned up like it was almost straight out of the box for $300. it's not a fuel hog and is fantastic for indirect cooks.

100_7393.jpg

I'd have to say my Red OTG. It had only been used a few times, then the previous owner "upgraded" to gas. I paid $25 for it.

in upstate ny, where smokers aren't overwhelmingly popular on craigslist, i found this for $150:

IMG_20100720_160322.jpg

I've had a couple:
Brand new in box wsm 18 for 50 dollars (win at a golf tournament, don't need it I have gas). icing on cake-1 mile from my house.

A funny one.
I found a Performer on cl for 150, the thing looks to be in perfect condition (it was). Decent deal there, but it got better. I get to the neighborhood without my gps and get a bit lost. As I am driving around trying to call the guy, I drive by a house. At the head of the drive with a free sign is a ratty old-you guessed it, Weber Performer. Also it has a rotisserie ring! Knock on the door, say thank you, and load it up.
So what to do? I drive to the other guys house and say hi. I tell him the tale. Told him I will still take his but only for 100. Sold. 2 Performers for 100, 1 hasn't been used 10 times. I kept the rotisserie gear and gave the old one to a friend.

CL Deals So Far:

BGE: $270
Traeger Lil Tex with cover: $150
Weber Genesis Silver with cover and full tank: $50
Weber Genesis Silver no tank or cover, but brand new guts: $25
Very good condition Weber Performer: $50
Weber Q200 with cart, tank adapter and gas: $25

Have a line on a free Performer as I type this.

Best Score we think is our Pre 1979, no date code, Red Head for $15. This photo is AFTER ALOT of elbow grease and restoration, but man it cooks like a charm!

Weber-Redhead-Finished3Sm.jpg

Another good score was our 18.5" WSM, like new, 2004 date code, with all new grates for $115

18InchWSM1Sm.jpg

Mine would have to be either my ECB for $15, the in the box, never been opened wrapped in plastic 10x10 Caravan portable awning for $50, or the 6 cast iron skillets (16", 12", 2-10", 2-8") for $60.

I could go on, of course.......I LOVE CL!

About 2 years ago I scored a Hasty Bake Gourmet. It sells for $2,299. She wanted $300, BUT TOOK $200. I spent about $100 on various parts and it looks like new. I use it weekly it is very good to cook about anything. Also once got a free Weber 22 ". Bought a Lyfe Tyme large grill with side box for $45.00 but spent 1-200 having it sandblasted and painted. Sold it when I got the Hasty Bake.

the one and only deal I have found, best 50 bucks I spent.

New in the box 22.5 WSM, just missing all the nuts and bolts.

IMG_20110326_113801.jpg

I just bought over 200 dollars worth of carpet tools for 15 bucks. :wink: I have not found any good bbq stuff yet.

I got a 1999 Weber Master Touch for $15. And I got a NIB Prodigy brake contoller for my truck for $20.

My Weber SS Performer for $50.

grill.jpg

IMG_0172rs.jpg

So your the guy who jerked that one out from underneath me....:mad2:

Just kidding nice score close by!

Mine would be my 99 Grand Cherokee I got for 4200 with 69,000 Miles. As far as BBQ I got a N.I.B 18" WSM for 175!

Back