Keri C's Hog Apple Beans for 200

Brauma

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
First of all, am I correct in thinking that one full pan of beans will feed 30?

I have been asked to provide pulled pork and beans for 200. I know how to price for the pork, but I'm not sure how to estimate the beans.

Last year I did a party for 50. I did two full pans of Keri C's beans and I had plenty with not quite a half pan left over. I had made a note saying one full pan fed 30.

My cost for these two full pans was $48.68.

have you ever cooked Keri C's beans for a job? Do you have a Keri C's light recipe?

I'm figuring I will need 6.6 full pans of beans. Does this sound right?

I have to do the same thing for this weekend. I was just going to multiply her recipe by 17 since it serves 12 to be safe. I'm not sure how many pans this equates to but I will be watching this thread for the experts to chim in.

That seeme awful high. For 200 I would think 4 pans when served as a side.

As good as those beans are, I would think six pans would be right. BUT, it has been my experience that people don't eat a lot of beans at parties no matter how good they are. After several large graduation parties where everyone raved about these beans there were always way too many beans left over. I now cook 1 1/2 pans - 2 pans of beans for a party of 200. One large (#10) can of beans has 48 servings. Use 5 cans and adjust your recipie from there would be my advice.

as posted 50 per pan is good for planning. That's 2 #10 cans if you don't add a lot. I use 1 can plus black beans, onions, pork and the secreet ingredient peaches. Plus sauce and rub and a little br sugar and mustard. Works out to a second can of beans per pan.

We figure 50 servings per whole steam pan and usually run a little long.

$65 - $75 a pan.

I would assume your numbers factor in serving onsite. Am I correct?

This is going to be a drop-off order. How would you price that? Looks like my cost per full pan will be $25.

Thanks for all the response.

Last weekend I served beans for 185 and used 3 pans if that helps at all. Other sides were tossed salad, bowtie pasta and mac&cheese.

I am reading numbers for a #10 can of beans from 25 servings to 48 servings on the forum. I am doing a cook for 500 so the difference is huge for me. What estimates can you guys give me since the guests are from a VA home and not football players?

I plan to add chopped onions and a few other ingredients to B&M baked beans. Any other suggestions are welcome.

I am reading numbers for a #10 can of beans from 25 servings to 48 servings on the forum. I am doing a cook for 500 so the difference is huge for me. What estimates can you guys give me since the guests are from a VA home and not football players?

I plan to add chopped onions and a few other ingredients to B&M baked beans. Any other suggestions are welcome.

I just did a big cook (over 500) and we went through twelve #10 cans.

I have found doing a lot of the mines out here that I use 5 #10 for 150 strapping lads who work the butts off, but for an office of 30, one can is just enough with a few getting seconds. That might help a little for VA or football players. Also I went to a 9.5" plate, so it looks like more food and cut down to a scoop that will do about 3.5 to 4 oz. In a line most will take one scoop of everything.

Back