CT Cook Off 8-7-04

Congrats on another great showing. I notice a trend here about competitions. THE BRETHREN KICKS A$$.

colt45 said:
to add to what JMcgrath said... if it wasnt for a neighbor with an extra fire extinguisher... we'd have been running out with a vengance to find a home depot... MAKE A CHECKLIST of MUST HAVES if you compete... phil did an excellent job, but make sure you check with the local officials to see what is needed...

This is what our barbecue community is about. If you need it and I have it, it's yours. Sure, you'll run across the occasional jerk, but mostly this is is how things work. I heard about the extinguisher shuffle, but never got the details. I'm glad things worked out.

I hope more of you can make it up to New England to enjoy our hospitality.

Jim

What an awesome turnout! I am proud of you guys! Way to go!!!

You go dude! I wish I was there. So scheduled out now, it isn't funny. We are moving up the restaraunt schedule and will start offering pulled pork and wings come labor day weekend.

Busier than fark mod.

You guys rock. Can't complain about your placement at all.

Next year my friend. We will take it all.

Brothers in Smoke, you guys rock. Congratulations.

We'll be looking for 'details' when you can think straight!! Great job. Really glad everyone pulled together as a team. Congrats to you, Phil, Josh, and "dad of Jackie's best friend" :D (I don't remember your name - after meeting you at two bashes you'd think I'd remember!) and to Sharon for being honest and wrong about the chicken (but then she doesn't like my socks with sandals look, either!) :twisted:

Fire extinguisher will have a prominent place on the Southern Brethren Checklist! Tim and I have the advantage of having RVs so we can always pull one out of one of the "homes".

Again: Really great job. Phil, you are an inspiration and definatley "lead from the front". Thanks for being a PooBah that takes initiative.

DFLittle said:
We'll be looking for 'details' when you can think
Fire extinguisher will have a prominent place on the Southern Brethren Checklist! Tim and I have the advantage of having RVs so we can always pull one out of one of the "homes".

make sure it is a ABC type fire extinguisher...

Way to go guys!!! Congratulations!! Sure makes the rest of us proud (and honored) to be Brethren!

make sure it is a ABC type fire extinguisher...

Not a problem - that's what we carry in the RVs :D Sam's has a two pack of the size I carry in the trailer for under $20. They also have singles that are a bit larger - still around $20.

You guys "done good" and it sounds like the universal brotherhood of smoke came through for you guys! :D

First batch of pictures are up.

Sharon was wandering around photographing the other teams and stuff at the festival.. Josh has more of our site pics and the food turnins. Josh!! Send me the pics! I will load them in bulk.

Congratulations!!!! Helluva Job!!

Just shows to go ya Brethren (& family) Know Smoke

nice job long islanders.......

does this qualify you for any national contests?

Back