Cleaning the Egg

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Been doing a lot of cooking and not using Foil on the Plate Setter as I should. Getting some weird odor's.

Running at about 600º Opened the lid slowly waiting on the Flash

Picture911.jpg

Then about 3 seconds later.

Picture923.jpg

Now I have much less hair on one arm. :icon_shock1:

Wow - now that's some flames... I usually have my place setter flipped the other way and use foil pans to catch drips....

Terry,I've been bitten by the Flashback myself:eek:(sorry,no pics:icon_frow) .Here's a funny story though:lol: The last time I cooked a few butts on my XL egg...

DSC_0044-5.jpg

The last one finished after 22 hours,and it left quite a mess(the drip pan ran over)......

DSC_0088-4.jpg

So,I decided to open up the vents(remove the top,and open the draft door)to let it burn out.Good idea,but bad timing........it was early morning,no wind,so all the smoke got the neighbors attention(apparently:lol:)

DSC_0040-2.jpg

DSC_0030-4.jpg

DSC_0024-3.jpg

DSC_0026-2.jpg

Well,someone called 911,thinking that my house was on fire.I heard the sirens,and decided to shut it(the egg)down,then walked down the driveway to let them know that the house was fine,I was just cleaning out the smoker:-D Good times...............:rolleyes: It was funny trying to explain to police officer(first responder)that I was just clean burning my smoker after a long cook.He couldn't believe that I smoked 52lbs of butt for breakfast:-D

I used to have a full head of hair till I tried that exact same stunt!!!:shock::shock:
GRUMPYMBGE1.jpg

Wow - now that's some flames... I usually have my place setter flipped the other way and use foil pans to catch drips....

I flipped it to let the fire really clean it up. Most always use foil or drip pans just been getting lazy.

Terry,I've been bitten by the Flashback myself:eek:(sorry,no pics:icon_frow) .Here's a funny story though:lol: The last time I cooked a few butts on my XL egg...

So,I decided to open up the vents(remove the top,and open the draft door)to let it burn out.Good idea,but bad timing........it was early morning,no wind,so all the smoke got the neighbors attention(apparently:lol:)

DSC_0030-4.jpg

Well,someone called 911,thinking that my house was on fire.I heard the sirens,and decided to shut it(the egg)down,then walked down the driveway to let them know that the house was fine,I was just cleaning out the smoker:-D Good times...............:rolleyes: It was funny trying to explain to police officer(first responder)that I was just clean burning my smoker after a long cook.He couldn't believe that I smoked 52lbs of butt for breakfast:-D

Yep, that's what it looked like for a bit around here too!

Midnight - your gasket looks like it might be getting a little crispy on the upper left side of the pic. That is the place mine bought the farm.

Back