120 Gallon Compressor Tank,Trailer Mounted, Offset Smoker Build - by Huntin Smoke & Pappy (pics) UPDATED

Im loving the build, how do you guys like the 135? And are you running FC, or gas. Looks FC i dont see a tank.

Im loving the build, how do you guys like the 135? And are you running FC, or gas. Looks FC i dont see a tank.
I like the 135 but wish I had gone with a small 220 volt unit. All in all it has been a good welder and it is affordable. We are using FC. Is cheaper for us and I think you get better penitration.

Ah, nice. I would like a smaller 220 also, but the ability to use the 135 anywhere is very valuable to me.

I wish we could take credit for the handles but they are not our design we just copied them from a build on the smoke ring. I saw them on the picture below.

8030246538_fab4807005.jpg

Firebox Hinges - Shelf - Tuning Plates - Axle Cut Off

Huntin Smoke finished cutting the expanded metal to fit and welded it to the shelf frame. Going to cut some 1/8" plate steel for a backsplash, between the smoker and the shelf. The reason the shelf in low, you can slide the bottom rack out without having to move anything that might be in the way.
IMG_4261.jpg

Firebox Hinges are cut out and all edges ground smooth.
IMG_4264.jpg

Tuning Plates with handles
IMG_4266.jpg

Spring shackles cut off the trailer frame. Ready to weld on new shackles further back on the trailer to balance the weight.
IMG_4262.jpg

Updated pics 3-25-13

Reinforced the trailer frame on both sides with some 2x4 steel channels. The floor of the trailer will need to be notched for the firebox.

IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

Before
IMG_4273.jpg

After
IMG_4278.jpg

Still need to cap the channels.

Reinstalled new shackles for the leaf springs further back on the trailer.
IMG_4293.jpg

Huntin Smoke made some brake light boxes for the new LED brake lights. Made with some leftover 1/8” plate steel.
IMG_42691.jpeg

IMG_42692.jpg

Firebox hinges are drilled and ready to be welded on.
IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

Thanks I saw some made out sheet metal on Ebay and they want $40 for the pair. I made these out of scrap metal and did them during my lunch hour. Took me 3 hours for the pair.

Yours are a heck of a lot thicker and heavy duty too. Look like they'll last 100 years and take a beating along the way. I love LED taillights too. I wanna get a set of the round ones and cut a hole in the back of my Jeep and flush mount them. Just gotta muster up the nerve to cut the hole in my baby! Ha.

Pappy and I took the day off work and got a lot done today. Tomorrow we are going to get the fire box finished and mounted to the cooking chamber. We will get some pictures up loaded too.

Updated 4-26-13

Interior 1/4" Plate Steel Fire Box
IMG_4298.jpg

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

Fire Box Door Frame 1/2" Plate Steel
IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

Welding The Back 1/2" Plate to the Interior Fire Box
IMG_4313.jpg

Added Back Splash To The Side Shelf
IMG_4315.jpg

Couple of Thermometer Ports For Probes. One On Each End Of Smoker
IMG_4316.jpg

Mounted LED Tail Light Buckets
IMG_42691.jpeg

IMG_4320.jpg

Changed Trailer Tounge To A 2" Ball
IMG_4324.jpg

Fenders On, Ready To Attach Insulated Fire Box
IMG_4326.jpg

Will post finished fire box picks tomorrow.

Back