Help with type of wood

ique

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Can anyone help me ID this wood type? Picked it up in a mixed stack roadside and don't know what it is. Thanks!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 135
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 136
I was thinking apple, but wasn't 100% sure... thanks

Chris I too searched all over and it doesn't look like apple, peach,plum and or cherry to me but I'll keep looking. Where wasit in the woods or residential?

I'm thinkin plum. Got a whole bin of it in the garage...the bark looks pretty darn similar. Does it have a lot of small white dots on it? It's for sure not cherry, that has a rougher bark

Posting a pic of the end of the log might help.

I have plum, cherry, & apple stacked in the yard and a peach tree growing.

I'll go take a look and my stash to compare.

Chris here's a few pics from the plum tree I (Bob from Smokey O's) cut up last week if that helps. I split it so you can compare the inside wood. Inside looks the same.
Picture019-1.jpg

Picture020-1.jpg

Picture021-2.jpg

Picture022-1.jpg

I'm thinking we're leaning more towards to plum than anything.The bark looks the same color as mine.

Thanks guys. It does look like plum. I thought apple at first but the bark didn't seem as thin and papery as apple... the bark was a bit thicker.

I called a local tree guy recently and he will be delivering a cord of hickory (1/2), Oak (1/4) and Cherry (1/4), dry and debarked. That should last me a couple months :-D

Chris with the amount of cooking you do maybe ya better rethink that amount!! I gave a box of this plum to Ted L. and Mike B. at the Snowshoe for all the help they've been with the last few comps. I entered. It was the least I could do for all there help.

Back