• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Prime Tri Tip Sale Creekstone

On my " Bucket List" . Tried picanna this week.I need to do a comparison.Picanna vs. Tri- Tip. They both gonna have to get up early and bring their A-game to beat the flavor and tenderness of a good,quality Ribeye cap "Spinalis Dorsi".

Not a bad price at all for good tri tip especially for folks that have a hard time getting some.

Not a bad price at all for good tri tip especially for folks that have a hard time getting some.

Not a bad price??? I've never bought a prime grade tri-tip, but the choice ones around here (when I can find them) are less than $20.

Not a bad price??? I've never bought a prime grade tri-tip, but the choice ones around here (when I can find them) are less than $20.

They're under $12/lb if you do the math.... Still not cheap but very good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're under $12/lb if you do the math.... Still not cheap but very good quality.

Ohhhh, I missed that it includes THREE 2-2.5lbs tri-tips, I thought it was $70 for a single piece of meat. Yeah, that's not bad at all!

I thought the reason Tri-Tip became popular was because it was really inexpensive cut of beef that could be cooked to taste like expensive cuts. But when Creekstone Tri-Tip is on sale and is still over $10 /lb, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of buying Tri-Tip when I can buy Costco USDA Prime beef Rib Eye for $9.69 /lb? For those who's buying this, how do you justify to yourself paying so much for Tri-Tip? Do you say to yourself it's normally over $20 /lb so on sale for $10 /lb is a deal? The last Tri-Tip I bought, I paid $1.80 /lb at Costco. It was USDA Select. I could've paid $2.80 /lb for USDA Choice but I didn't think it was worth paying $1.00 /lb more for Choice over Select.

It’s just me and the Bride(I get as sick at saying that as y’all do hearing it) but a 2-3# Tri Tip has many advantages to the two of us. Easy to cook. Quick cook. First meal are 1/4-3/4 inch steaks with a ton of veggies. Day#2 usually chopped and in a Mexican type dish like nachos-stuffed ABT’s etc. any remaining is cubed small an in to chili or green Chile. To us it has one of the purist clean beef flavors. It tapers. It’s easy to cook to several doneness (sp) levels at the same time. She can have her medium and I can have my less than medium. Texture is perfect for multiple cooks. Goes great with eggs too.

Did I buy these? No. But several times I’ve seen people mention they don’t have access to Tri tips or full packer brisket. It was for them.

I've had mixed results with these. Some were really tasty, others were definitely not worth the price. I've only purchased them when they were on sale.
Tri tip is not my favorite cut of beef though. Beef short ribs and ribeyes.... I could eat all day. :grin:

Ouch!

We're blessed here with tri tip like Texas is with brisket. I have not paid more than $5/lb for choice and $7-8/lb for prime picking from stores and they're trimmed.

As a matter of fact they're on sale now for $4/lb.

I've had mixed results with these. Some were really tasty, others were definitely not worth the price. I've only purchased them when they were on sale.
Tri tip is not my favorite cut of beef though. Beef short ribs and ribeyes.... I could eat all day. :grin:

I've bought some grass fed (Pasture One was the brand IIRC) tri tips from them and they were really good Neighbor! Actually this thread reminded me that I had two in the freezer still and thawing one :-Dfor tonight.

I thought the reason Tri-Tip became popular was because it was really inexpensive cut of beef that could be cooked to taste like expensive cuts. But when Creekstone Tri-Tip is on sale and is still over $10 /lb, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of buying Tri-Tip when I can buy Costco USDA Prime beef Rib Eye for $9.69 /lb? For those who's buying this, how do you justify to yourself paying so much for Tri-Tip? Do you say to yourself it's normally over $20 /lb so on sale for $10 /lb is a deal? The last Tri-Tip I bought, I paid $1.80 /lb at Costco. It was USDA Select. I could've paid $2.80 /lb for USDA Choice but I didn't think it was worth paying $1.00 /lb more for Choice over Select.

Are you sure about those prices? Thats cheaper than 75/25 hamburger. Up here in Minneapolis our Costcos dis-continued the sale of tri tip 4-5 years ago. When they were selling, they were $6-$7 a pound.

Are you sure about those prices? Thats cheaper than 75/25 hamburger. Up here in Minneapolis our Costcos dis-continued the sale of tri tip 4-5 years ago. When they were selling, they were $6-$7 a pound.

Untrimmed Choice here is usually on sale at $3/lb. Trimmed at $5.

Costco Prime (trimmed) is almost always between $6.50-7.50/lb

shBY5Chh.jpg

Granted, $1.80 /lb was marked down price since the sale by date was expiring the next day but even if it wasn't, it would've been $2.48 /lb regular price. And this is in GA where Tr-Tip is not common cut and more expensive than the West Coast. I'm sure you can even find even better deals in CA and other places out West.

Did you actually purchase this ulc? Living in the midwest I am far from a tri-tip expert but the ones I have seen are usually 1.5 - 3 lbs and have the grain changing direction.

300px-Tri_tip.JPG

I am not sure what a 16lb. tri- tip would look, feel, or taste like.

Did you actually purchase this ulc? Living in the midwest I am far from a tri-tip expert but the ones I have seen are usually 1.5 - 3 lbs and have the grain changing direction.

300px-Tri_tip.JPG

I am not sure what a 16lb. tri- tip would look, feel, or taste like.

Yep. I bought it and still have some in my freezer individually separated and vacuum sealed. As cowgirl and tom b commented, there are usually like 5-7 Tri-Tip pieces in the cyrovac. It's not single piece of 16 lb Tri-Tip meat.

It's the same thing with other meats like beef boneless short ribs and beef loin top sirloin cap. There are multiple boneless short ribs in this single 10 lb cryovac package. This is my favorite cut of meat and what I go to Costco to buy. Regular Costco warehouses sell this cut trimmed in styrofoam packages for $9.99 /lb. Costco Business Center has it normally for around $7 /lb. But any close to sell expiration meat is discounted like 40% at Costco Business Center, and I picked this USDA Choice beef boneless short ribs discounted for $4 /lb. I have over 200 pounds of this beef boneless short ribs in the freezer that I picked up for $4 /lb. :grin:
BCL97sUh.jpg

Back