Competition Trailer Setup pics

Smokin' Joe

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
For those interested I thought I would post some pics and progress of our competition trailer kitchen build out. The below is from my blog, I will attempt to keep this updated. It's a 7' x 14' Extreme BBQ Trailer with 4' porch from James (a Brethren member). When its complete I need it under 5000 lbs so weight has been an important factor. Gonna be fun to see it come together:becky:

Matt and I made the 1000 mile round trip to pick up the new trailer a couple of weeks ago. It looks great and I can't wait to get cooking with it! First things first though as we have lots of work to do to build out the kitchen in the enclosed area. Here is what she looked like when we got it home
2-13-2011%2B007.JPG
2-13-2011%2B002.JPG

I spent the last two weeks laying out the inside and ordering parts. I ended up ordering cabinets from http://www.pitproducts.com/ and I can't wait to see them. By far the most inexpensive aluminum cabinets I could find. The reviews I've read are good and I hope the quality is as good as they say. I found tanks and a three bay sink on ebay. I ordered a Bosch Ariston 4 gallon water heater, a ShurFlo 115V RV Pump, and a ShurFlo accumulator tank from amazon.com. With all that Matt's got his work cut out for him to make us a kitchen with runnning water!

Kim and I installed the vinyl flooring yesterday and I think it looks great. We also decided to add an additional outlet for the water heater, Brian got that installed yesterday as well. With any luck the cabinets should arrive this week and installation can begin. I signed us up for a contest in North Kansas City on March 11st, so that is the new deadline! I will post pictures again as we make more progress.

2-13-2011%2B010.JPG

I am looking forward to the updates because this is the size i am considering. Do you plan on doing all cooking on the porch? Just wondering if there will be enough space so than an ez up isn't needed.

I am looking forward to the updates because this is the size i am considering. Do you plan on doing all cooking on the porch? Just wondering if there will be enough space so than an ez up isn't needed.

The drums would look beautiful on the porch of one of those...I just sent off an email for a quote as well.

Nice. I had to put mine on hold due to the new baby. She's worth it though!

Thanks Guys! I plan on mounting the Backwoods Fatboy on one side and a soon to be announced Pellet Grill on the other side. The Backwoods will be hard mounted and all the cooking will be done on the porch. I do plan to add a A/C, however, it will likely be a portable rolling unit. With only 60 square feet to cool I didn't want another full size A/C unit to power (I say another as the motorhome I'm pulling this with has one too). I have a heck of a time keeping one big A/C running on crappy contest power so I'm hoping the portable unit will be less power hungry and I can run it with my genny.

Thanks Guys! I plan on mounting the Backwoods Fatboy on one side and a soon to be announced Pellet Grill on the other side. The Backwoods will be hard mounted and all the cooking will be done on the porch. I do plan to add a A/C, however, it will likely be a portable rolling unit. With only 60 square feet to cool I didn't want another full size A/C unit to power (I say another as the motorhome I'm pulling this with has one too). I have a heck of a time keeping one big A/C running on crappy contest power so I'm hoping the portable unit will be less power hungry and I can run it with my genny.

Here in TX I run a 13500 rooftop on my 6x10 trailer. In July I need every bit of it. Of course, it's my sleeping quarters as well.

Thought about a portable unit, but it needed to be vented and took up floor space that I needed.

Here in TX I run a 13500 rooftop on my 6x10 trailer. In July I need every bit of it. Of course, it's my sleeping quarters as well.

Thought about a portable unit, but it needed to be vented and took up floor space that I needed.

One of the few benefits or living in the frozen North, decent summers:thumb:

Lookin good, I will have to come check it out in NKC. We will also be there vending and competing in our new Extreme BBQ Trailer. You won't be able to miss us. Bright Yellow. James is excellent to work with isn't he....

Tyler

Hey Joe,
Does this mean I won't have to anchor your canopy at the Royal?

What a SWEEEEET Rig!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: JBI
One of the few benefits or living in the frozen North, decent summers:thumb:

We pulled into WinterQ on Friday and thought you were at the comp. However, I found later that you had sold your toy hauler to someone else :-D

Looks good! We just bought a trailer as well and are doing a build of our own. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread.

Hey Joe,
Does this mean I won't have to anchor your canopy at the Royal?

What a SWEEEEET Rig!!!

Thanks man, I may just have you come over and put a few anchors in the ground for good luck :becky::thumb:

We pulled into WinterQ on Friday and thought you were at the comp. However, I found later that you had sold your toy hauler to someone else :-D

Yup I bet you weren't the only one:becky: I assume he will take the stickers off when it warms up:-D

Back