Underground Pig (picture heavy)

[/B]

Let me get this straight.... You call me a liar and then ask for peace?

You need to get out into the world more.. there are a whole lot of women just like me that farm, raise animals and cook. It's not hard to do.

Again, please avoid my posts.

now you know i felt on the whole adobo thing. what do you want us all to send you?

Great looking spread as always Jeanie! We used to do pigs like that at my family reunion in NM all the time! Great flavors! Belly up is the way to go too!

I'm a stones throw from Oklahoma, so if you have leftovers! :)

Wow!

Jeanie, never cease to be impressed by your posts! Between you and Rick D, I have lots to aspire to!:rolleyes:

Your cooking method looks largely like the Hawaiian Imu way, except for the absence of bannana and Ti leaves.

Not too familiar with OK, but if you have any asian population nearby, you may be able to find bananna leaves in the frozen section of an Asian market. You'd probably need at least half a dozen packages to cover a pig that size. BTW, helps to run them over a hot burner to make them more pliable.

Don't let the naysayers get ya down!

Jeanie,

Kudos to you. One for teaching us all about another 'dish', using great directions and even better pictures, and two for gritting your teeth, biting your tongue, punching the walls, or whatever it took to deal with...adversity.

Good on ya, gal!

Arlin

Jeanie,

Kudos to you. One for teaching us all about another 'dish', using great directions and even better pictures, and two for gritting your teeth, biting your tongue, punching the walls, or whatever it took to deal with...adversity.

Good on ya, gal!

Arlin

ditto 8)

As usual Jeanie you are just amazeing when it comes to outdoor cooking, you are the best,,been wondering when they are gonna offer you a spot on the "Food Network" for a outdoor cooking show..you'd be an Instant hit there,, Keep up the great cooking hon, don't let anyone get you down, You are the best,, Keep it coming.....Mario...

That is some type of deer camp. Did you get any deer? I am still trying to get my arms around the whole buried pig thing. I know they do that in Hawaii and stuff but can't get through my head how the coals keep going. Would love to try that some time. Nice job.

Jeanie,

GREAT PICTURES and EDUCATION. Thank you, thank you thank you. I really do appreciate your experiences in cooking and showing us how you do each step. You truly inspire me and I know others as well. Keep em coming and thanks again.

Looks like a lot of work to me. :rolleyes: But, I'd sure as heck come over and eat with ya anytime cowgirl! :biggrin:

OK... That pig looks great! My sister and BIL own an excavating company. I'm going to see if I can borrow a backhoe! :-D :-D :-D

:mrgreen: Wow Jeanie, that pretty much sums it up. Oh and don't listen to that sourpuss, you go girl!

That's the first time I've seen one of those. It looks fantastic. Great job!

Back