• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Japanese Inspired BBQ Plate (Pr0n)

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I cooked today for a Throwdown and thought I'd push myself to try something different and went with a Japanese inspired plate.

Started with these ingredients (some non-Japenese ingredients snuck in there):
IMG_1176.jpg

I found some old posts by Landarc with recipes for a teriyaki marinade and glaze and combined them with a book recipe and one off the internet. I whipped up the teriyaki marinade and a glaze and put a couple of St. Louis spares into the marinade for a few hours and then put them on the Egg.
IMG_1180.jpg

After a few hours of applying a teriyaki glaze every 35-45 minutes, they were tender and ready to pull off:
IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

As the ribs rested, I fired up the Mini Egg for searing and thought I'd try using the flap off of the back of the spares for a little Yakitori style grilling(rubbed with SM Season All & Spicy Apple - Not exactly japanese but I'd already applied the rub before I thought to skewer them):
IMG_1210.jpg

The I seared a thin cut teriyaki rib eye steak:
IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

Then stuck a 2 quart dutch oven with hot oil onto the Mini and fried up some tempura veggies:
IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

Assembled a combo plate in the form of a bento box:
IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1256.jpg

Dinner was good! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
HELL YES!!!

This made me smile tho for some reason!
IMG_1239.jpg

Great post! :clap:
Cheers

Man oh man, that is some good lookung grub. Teriyaki pork ribs is a childhood favorite.

:grin: Everything looks fantastic John!! I hope you won the throwdown!!

Now THAT'S how you throw down brother. That combo's gonna be tough to beat!

Sent using tapatalk

Man oh man, that is some good lookung grub. Teriyaki pork ribs is a childhood favorite.

Thanks Bob for sharing your family teriyaki recipes in the past! They were definitely an influence on what I put together.

Wow, I made Phrasty smile with a veggie pic! :heh:

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Back