Restaurant Depot ROCKS!

O

osx-addict

We went to RD today for the first time.. Man-o-man do they have a LOT of beef available in one place! I've never seen that much meat in one place -- and I can see how you'd need a coat as it got cold after a while of hanging out in the freezer/fridge area.. Also, my daughter just about flipped at the huge containers (5g?) of Thrifty's ice cream available.. Crap loads of Brisket too -- both Select and Choice.. Yum!

We ended up coming out with about $40+ worth of big ol beef ribs -- 3 racks worth -- that was all they had left for today. Yum yum! Gonna low-n-slow them tomorrow..

Anyway, that membership to the KCBS has definitely paid off!

Nice. How does one het acess to this place without owning a business?

Do a search here for KCBS & Restaurant Depot.. There are a number of threads on it.. Basically you buy a membership to the Kansas City BBQ Society and once you receive your card you can stop by and get day passes to RD.. Well worth it IMHO! I just happened to stumble across this a few weeks ago and today was my first visit.. I'll definitely be visiting more!

Yeah, on my first visit, I went a little crazy and Bought a package of Tri-tip(5 total), a brisket, 30 pizza dough, a box of industrial sized kosher salt, a Wushof 10 inch knife, and a 10 pound bag of Royal Oak.

They have alot of hard to find meat cuts

Yeah, we got a pair of 17lb bags of Royal Oak too! Pricing is pretty good too! I'll be getting some more meat next time for sure!!

Yeah, I need supervision also. Spent $380 yesterday at the Torrance store. 2 packs of spare ribs, Roll of ground chuck, larhe chub of bologna, beef ribs, 2 packers, 8 chickens, package of 8 tri tips, and a large pork tenderloin for making Canadian bacon. And there's only 2 of us.

Do a search here for KCBS & Restaurant Depot.. There are a number of threads on it.. Basically you buy a membership to the Kansas City BBQ Society and once you receive your card you can stop by and get day passes to RD.. Well worth it IMHO! I just happened to stumble across this a few weeks ago and today was my first visit.. I'll definitely be visiting more!

Great thanks. So $35 gets you a yearly membership, how much do you pay to get into RD for a day pass? Thanks.

No limit on day passes... Just take your KCBS membership card to customer service and they will write a number on a slip of paper that you use for that day's pass. When you check out, the cashier may call for someone to approve the transaction. I've heard stories that some personnel in some stores were unfamiliar with the policy.. Just to be sure, when you join KCBS (if you're not already a member)... Look on the KCBS website for the RD ad that mentions the policy... Print it out and take it with you... You won't need to do that in Kansas City...

I bought 10 bags at this price!
photo23.jpg

I'm assuming that is NOT at RD (although the color scheme in the background looks about right) or it's smaller bags or you got a great deal!!? Can't tell from the pic -- ours in the LA area are a little over $10/bag (17.xlb bags).. They also had another brand -- much bigger -- perhaps best of the west but am not sure..

I'm assuming that is NOT at RD (although the color scheme in the background looks about right) or it's smaller bags or you got a great deal!!? Can't tell from the pic -- ours in the LA area are a little over $10/bag (17.xlb bags).. They also had another brand -- much bigger -- perhaps best of the west but am not sure..

Best of the west is everywhere, its mesquite.

This is at Rest. Depot and those are 17# bags. I buy as much as I can fit in my garage!

Back