• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

UDS Build From The UK

More info please on using washing machine drum in UDS

Tyrone:

The washing machine drum modification into a UDS charcoal basket is way cool. :cool:

Possibly, this has been done before but, if so, I haven't heard about it and I'd like the hear more.

So:
  1. what are the dimensions and clearances?
  2. Is the washing machine drum stainless steel?

Thanks

Mark

Tyrone:

The washing machine drum modification into a UDS charcoal basket is way cool. :cool:

Possibly, this has been done before but, if so, I haven't heard about it and I'd like the hear more.

So:
  1. what are the dimensions and clearances?
  2. Is the washing machine drum stainless steel?

Thanks

Mark

It is SS and you're right Mark,it has done bePhore.
A couple of Dutch Brethren have done it.
Here's one pic I Phound...looks like it's pretty wide in diameter like my own basket.

IMG_0429.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, and I got the idea from another forum.

Indeed it is stainless steel.

The measurements are 47cm diameter x 23cm or for you folks across the pond approx 18.5" Diameter x 9" high.

Have trouble getting it past the 2" nuts :shock::shock: so will have to sort that out but seems like a good buy to me

Thanks for the kind words, and I got the idea from another forum.

Indeed it is stainless steel.

The measurements are 47cm diameter x 23cm or for you folks across the pond approx 18.5" Diameter x 9" high.

Have trouble getting it past the 2" nuts :shock::shock: so will have to sort that out but seems like a good buy to me

thanks Tyrone & Phubar

Is that a standard size washing machine drum for the EU?

I think washing machine drums in the US are much larger.

Mark

My washing machine can carry 7kg and I think that's a "normal" size in European households.
From the pic that I posted it looks almost like the same width of a Weber 22,5" charcoal grate.

Back