Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 2011 KCBS Banquet, Jan 14 & 15, 2011 - Kansas City

I'm on the road so kinda hard to do this on my phone but got a call back from Dana the catering manager at the Hyatt. She said for a cash bar and a room that would hold up to 300 people set up as a reception, with taxes it would be $740. If we had 150 people interested, it would be $5 each. Anyone interested? This room is on the lower level around the corner from the sports bar. She can't hold it without money so we are at the mercy of anyone else wanting it with cash to give her.

You can count us in :becky:

Boondoggle would HIT this after the banquet.

Can stretch the dollar (raise more donation to CancerSucks) instead of renting a bartender - could we all donate (bring) a bottle or 12 pack and sell (give donation) them to our group for $ each? I'm assuming we can find a few members that have previous tending experience or we are all honorable right?

Or do we need to buy booze from them in order to have booze in the room?

Good idea Bobby, but I am sure that the hotel will not go for it. They make too much money with their cash bar thingie. Now the hotel would be smart to just let you use the room and not disturb the guests, but then again, that makes too much sense. :roll:

I asked, Bobby and they said no. Gotta be their stuff. Like Big Dog says, it would make too much sense for them to let us do that and not bother all the other guests! I'm calling Monday to see if we can hold it with a credit card and cancel if we don't have the interest from at least 125 people. I think we're up to about 20 now! LOL! Probably should open it up to any "forum" since we want more $$$ to go to Scottie's foundation, ya think? I don't have a problem with it. For now, if you have a pay pal account, how about we start collecting? I'd say we need to let them know for sure by the end of the year. What do you all think per head? $5 or $10?

I'm on the road so kinda hard to do this on my phone but got a call back from Dana the catering manager at the Hyatt. She said for a cash bar and a room that would hold up to 300 people set up as a reception, with taxes it would be $740. If we had 150 people interested, it would be $5 each. Anyone interested? This room is on the lower level around the corner from the sports bar. She can't hold it without money so we are at the mercy of anyone else wanting it with cash to give her.

$10 Brethren Prepay,
More at the Door?
and the extra goes to Cancersucks OK?

$10 Brethren Prepay,
More at the Door?
and the extra goes to Cancersucks OK?

paypal would be nice--then maybe some folks that cant make the trip would kick in so the party could happen--just saying

My PayPal email is BigCreekBBQ@EmbarQmail.com if anyone wants to get it rolling. You don't have to put the Q in EmbarQmail in caps but I did here because it gets mistaken a lot otherwise. I'll send everyone who sends in a confirmation. as a "ticket". If we don't get enough, I'll refund your money as soon as we make that decision.

Hey it looks like we have 14 for our table of ten! Getting two tables now - need six more. Anyone interested?

Joe, got your message on Facebook. No, don't need to do anything yet. Most at our table(s) members have paid individually to KCBS. KCBS said we can "bunch them into tables" once we get all we need.

Hey it looks like we have 14 for our table of ten! Getting two tables now - need six more. Anyone interested?

Joe, got your message on Facebook. No, don't need to do anything yet. Most at our table(s) members have paid individually to KCBS. KCBS said we can "bunch them into tables" once we get all we need.
Ramona and I could use two, if you still have the space...

No not BBQ! There would be a revolt! It's always been pretty good food at the banquets I've attended. Philadelphia not so much though. They ran out and started bringing all sorts of crap out of the kitchen as entrees! I'm sure KCBS will address that this year and ensure enough fod for all.

Sounds good. You signed up with KCBS yet?
No, not yet. Drop me a PM as to how you want me to handle it.

No not BBQ! There would be a revolt! It's always been pretty good food at the banquets I've attended. Philadelphia not so much though. They ran out and started bringing all sorts of crap out of the kitchen as entrees! I'm sure KCBS will address that this year and ensure enough fod for all.
As I recall, they were even grabbing food (boiled ribs and fried chicken) were from a wedding next store. :doh:

We're up to $110 for the after-party funds! Come on folks! We need to reserve this ASAP! Still $630 to go plus whatever we split with KK and CSC! PayPal account is BigCreekBBQ@Embarqmail.com . Lots of you have said you're in... so now get "officially" in! LOL!

We're up to $110 for the after-party funds! Come on folks! We need to reserve this ASAP! Still $630 to go plus whatever we split with KK and CSC! PayPal account is BigCreekBBQ@Embarqmail.com . Lots of you have said you're in... so now get "officially" in! LOL!

We are paid, sorry about the delay Jeff! My wife isn't making the trip, but it's for a good cause if we can make it happen.

If this doesn't happen, I WILL BE A HALL MONITOR ON MY FLOOR AND NARK ALL YOU OTHER FARKERS OUT!:p Cough up the green!

Back