***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Appetizer" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Appetizers"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 4/3.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]Alan in Ga[/size]
Alan_in_Ga.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
ecode.jpg

[size=+2]frayed knot[/size]
frayed_knot.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
Gore.jpg

[size=+2]Grillman[/size]
Grillman.jpg

[size=+2]High Q[/size]
High_Q.jpg

[size=+2]{Midnight Smoke}[/size]
Midnight_Smoke.jpg

[size=+2]Moose[/size]
Moose.jpg

[size=+2]N8man[/size]
N8man.jpg

[size=+2]pahutchens[/size]
pahutchens.jpg

[size=+2]Paulmark[/size]
Paulmark.jpg

[size=+2]Phubar[/size]
Phubar.jpg

[size=+2]Rick's Tropical Delight[/size]
Ricks_Tropical_Delight.jpg

[size=+2]rolf[/size]
rolf.jpg

[size=+2]SmokinAussie[/size]
SmokinAussie.jpg

[size=+2]The BBQ QB[/size]
The_BBQ_QB.jpg

[size=+2]The Pickled Pig[/size]
The_Pickled_Pig.jpg

Midnight Smoke's photograph nailed this one for me. Simplicity at it's best. It has good balance, composition, clairity, and the subject was so obvious it could reach out and snap you on the nose... :clap2:

Eden

This throw down is sort of like a grilling Eden. Perfect grilling the way it was intended to be before the fall of boiled ribs and propane. Can i get an :amen:?

I choose High Q for his Sushi ( that's my fav thing in the world is sushi )

I thought Pickled Pigs' photo was fantastic and is publishworthy, but for the pure BBQ in me, I chose {Midnight Smoke's} Clams on the grill.

Mike D

I can't compete with this stuff anymore. What an amazing collection. I'd look at a picture and think that's the one. Then scroll to the next and change my mind, so on, and so on. Can I get like 8-10 votes?

Midnight Smoke's photograph nailed this one for me. Simplicity at it's best. It has good balance, composition, clairity, and the subject was so obvious it could reach out and snap you on the nose... :clap2:

I concur. Those look great! (and it's the best photo, IMHO).

I have a question though, (to all):

Are these throw-downs a photo contest or a recipe/technique contest?

I'd hate to not give a vote for some one that did some really creative and labor-intensive dish because someone else's was "prettier". Or because all that a competitor had was a camera-phone.

I'm holding my vote until I get some feedback. I've voted in a bunch of these and want to make sure that I'm choosing based on the right criteria.

I'd hate to not give a vote for some one that did some really creative and labor-intensive dish because someone else's was "prettier". Or because all that a competitor had was a camera-phone.

I'm holding my vote until I get some feedback. I've voted in a bunch of these and want to make sure that I'm choosing based on the right criteria.

We've discussed this before. Pretty much go where you want to go with your vote. You can vote for the most appetizing pic or base your vote on the recipe or technique. It's your vote, so there really isn't a right or wrong. I've voted both ways. Just depends on what strikes you and how it strikes you.
Bob

It's your choice on how to vote. All of the info/photos on the dishes are in the entry thread. There are no rules on how to vote.

Most of the time I select by originality,effort and photography.
The last one is the least I'm worrying about,there are a couple of guys here that can make a photo of a turd and make it look so good you want to vote for it (no disrespect to the pro photographers).
I hope this helps a bit.:-D

Back