• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cherry or Peach

Mrdeville

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Which do you prefer? I was able to get my hands on some cherry at a good price. Now I was thinking about buying peach wood. This guy wants double for what I payed for my cherry wood. I may just have to stick with my cherry...ya know.

I have just recently started to mix the two. I really like cherry on some things but the both of them together is pretty darn good too.

Cherry is such a good wood that I would stick with it unless I could try the peach for free. For me, fruit woods are quite similar.

I agree with dadsr4, I like cherry and really wouldn't switch without some major taste or burn time difference. Or both.

I've never smelled peach wood, burning or not.

Try a small sample.

Personally, cherry is by far my favorite. Sometimes I even throw some in the wood stove, for the neighbors. :wink:

I do love Cherry. Have 5 trees seasoning as I write. Peach is a FABULOUS fruit wood to use for smoking. Much harder to find around here, but do give it a go. You will really like it!

Cherry is good for everything, but given the choice, I would chose peach almost every time. I really like it.

of course I had 2 large trash bags full of cherry wood scraps in the garage, but my wife took it all to the dump when I wasn't around. Pure defiance I think.
So....what to do ? Go with the bovine bold ? Bold she was !
Maybe the death dust is more appropriate.
But I would really need a bigger cooker if i'm gonna fit her in all in one piece. :wink:

As you can you see I like cherry! Unless you preferred the flavor put out by peach exponentially more than that of cherry I'd stick with cherry. And a little pecan obviously!

The other important question is how much of a supply of peach are you talking? I'd never use something that was way more costly than my current "go to" woods as my go to wood for comps or catering; maybe I'd buy a little and use if for special cooks? Use what is readily available in your area and mix and match woods to help add to your flavor profile.

I think I'd also look for someone else to buy peach wood from if they want double for it.

Attachments

• wood copy.jpg
    wood copy.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 30
Back