Labor Day Menus

Bill, it's awesome stuff, as a matter of fact were doing some tonight for the Cowboys v Chiefs game

Don't waist your time watching cause you going to loose.

I am going to take it easy this year. My mother is having a small cookout this year. I will probably smoke some chicken thighs, ribs and take them over to her house to finish on the grill. They willprovide the rest like salads n' such.

Bellybro said:
okay, I've got to ask How do you stuff a pork tenderloin? Slit partially and fill and foil? That is sounding pretty darn enticing to me right about now!

my favorite of these..... make an X slit with a long knife into the ends, trying to meet in the middle. YOu dont want to slice it thru the sides, try ti make an opening down the center. Then stuff italian hot and sweet sausages down into the center of the loin. I found that a really high heat pan searing on the sausage makes it easier to stuff into the loin and gives it a better texture while your putting in the sausage, stuff in some roasted peppers throught with the sausage. (i use the jarred ones, its easier).

When you slice the loin, ya got a perfect sausage center inside. dont tell anyone ya did it till slicing time....

damn..

now im hungry.

I found that a really high heat pan searing on the sausage makes it easier to stuff into the loin and gives it a better texture while your putting in the

So cook the sausage first before you stuff?

sear
2 : to burn, scorch, or injure with or as if with sudden application of intense heat

Bellybro said:
I found that a really high heat pan searing on the sausage makes it easier to stuff into the loin and gives it a better texture while your putting in the

So cook the sausage first before you stuff?

first I've heard of it, but I think just sear so it's easier to work with.

I always thought they were talking about shoving a whole italian or polish style sausage in the loin, maybe I was cornfused!

sear
2 : to burn, scorch, or injure with or as if with sudden application of intense heat
Thanks Webster!

Iguess I meant oh Fark it I don't know what I meat.

Does anyone stuff it with raw sausage?

your right solid. shove it in there, but some sausage are bun length and you need 2.

just freezer it and shove it in. searing wastes juices and fats. IMO

Do it the night before, the sausage will thaw. Not like frozen solid (Solid), just 4 hours or so.

your right solid. shove it in there, but some sausage are bun length and you need 2
That's funny if you were to move puncuation etc.........

brdbbq said:
Bill, it's awesome stuff, as a matter of fact were doing some tonight for the Cowboys v Chiefs game

Don't waist your time watching cause you going to loose.

The only thing loose is those wimmin in Texas. 8) You guys ever gonna finish that stadium? You gotta big hole in the top of it. :lol:

willkat98 said:
Anyone do the smoked bologna thing?

Do I spray it or anything? Rub?

Yeah, I have.

I cored the chub with a 1/4" pipe in three dimensions
(length, width, depth) saving some of the cores for
plugs. Filled it with some sauce, then plugged the holes.
Painted with mustard and sprinkled a dry rub (nothing
special, just whatever I had).

Then smoked for a few hours.

Here's what it looked like before it went in:

I have a crowd coming over Sunday. I will be Queing 5 racks of spare ribs, two 5# butts, 12# brisket, two beer butt chickens and several fatties. I will also be trying out for the first time Fab-B & Fab-P injection solution. I just hope me and my guests do not start glowing at night time from all the crap that is put into this stuff.

This weekend it will be steaks, and smoked bologna, with a few fatties. The wife went to Canada to haul a friend back down to Tennessee. She will be doing a lot of driving. I also will be doing taxes. Seems that the IRS thinks I have been a bad boy over the last few years, but I can handle it.........I hope. Among other things I am a CPA so it should not be too traumatic.

i sear it on high heat forr a few seconds just to brown the outside, but not cook it at all. it gives it a better texture. Doing it raw, the outside has a bit of a mushy texture to it from cooking inside the loin. Sear it, high heat, real fast just to brown the casings. I use either links or a sausage ring(unrolled). The links work better if your putting other stuff with them like the roasted peppers. Also works well with bratwurst.. I used the hoillshire farms chedderwursts which came out great...

Wonder how it be being stuffed with a fatty? :) this weekends experiment.
oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh....

This is the way I stuff loins. We call them Bugiole (boo-Jole'). Using a mallet, pound the tenderloin into a flat rectangle.(notice how I was careful not to say "pound the meat") spread the filling ontop of the meat then roll up and tie with butchers string. Filling or stuffing of choice. I like to sautee' onions, garlic, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted peppers with fresh basil, rosemary, and sage over a layer of italian sausage. Sear quickly over very hot fire then smoke low and slow. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Mangia bella.

Back