ABT's & Wangs

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Requested by wife.

I aim to please.

I'd planned on doing some grillwork yesterday but I tweaked my knee and am hobbling 'round with a crutch. Made it fun at the grocery store....had to get out, though.

Thankfully I didn't fling these in my eyes while slicing & stuffing. That'd prolly finish me off.:bounce:

20130119_125133.jpg

Got them stuffed with cream cheese & little smokies and wrapped with glorious bacon.

20130119_132504.jpg

Wangs hit with a bit of EVOO & dusted up.

20130119_133215.jpg

Simply used the old coals left snuffed from the last time.

20130119_133737.jpg

20130119_134020.jpg

I'm letting the coals do their thing for a bit before I load it up.

Loaded up now.

20130119_144012.jpg

I put some dry apple wood chunks over the coals, too. Smoke is rolling nicely. Bacon dripping over the wangs is like cheating. :)

20130119_144127.jpg

In the words of our friend Gore, I'm like soooo mad I don't have wings and ABT's right now. They look great! :thumb:

Your wife requested that you cook wangs and ABTs?

Really?

Well, ya done good landing her and you did a helluva job with them wangs and ABTS. Nice!

Your wife requested that you cook wangs and ABTs?

Really?

Well, ya done good landing her and you did a helluva job with them wangs and ABTS. Nice!

Thanks!

She was wearing a pair of hot yoga pants today! I wanted to keep dropping stuff in the kitchen just to watch her pick it up.:biggrin1:

That all looks great!! My wife never asks for wings or ABT's but she will eat tri-tip every day....
Nice job there!
Just one comment though, you might want to consider letting that smoke turn blue before putting your food on. It takes the bitterness out of the smoke and makes it a more subtle flavor. Regardless, awesome looking stuff!

Hey Dub, Do you mind sharing the time and temp for those wangs. I will be having some for the super bowl.
Thanks.

Hey Dub, Do you mind sharing the time and temp for those wangs. I will be having some for the super bowl.
Thanks.

On wings, I run the Akorn 325-ish. Time can vary as to how often I'm opening the lid and messing with them.....45 mins-60 mins....?

I like my wings done till they are firm. I do use the smoking stone but roll the wings out toward the edge of the grill on the last few minutes to crispen up the skin.

I prefer to cook them all with the same rub and them drop 'em in containers of different sauces.

Superbowl Sunday will find me using 5 different sauces for our wings: Jack's Old South Tangy, Plowboy's 180, Frank's hot sauce with butter, terriaki and then a Lemon Pepper Ranch.

All of them will have Plowboy's Yardbird rub on them except the few that get the Frank's & butter....those will be rubbed with Habanero Death Dust.

Back