Short Ribs in the Frozen Tundra

Just over 5 hours. Results. Lang did great once up to temp it didn't take that much more wood to hold 275-325 than normal.

ISrhDmgl.jpg

nnldc2dl.jpg

N8YFYCbl.jpg

DaEnYfll.jpg

ugEC1rRl.jpg

FzdPAZBl.jpg

BptpNWnl.jpg

PhAGLczl.jpg

vhcIuMEl.jpg

I picked up some crazy marbled and pretty thick boneless short ribs for like $5.98/lb. The price is average, but the marbled thick cut is not common in these parts.

Im not going to smoke. I am going PC with a cola , mushroom, marsala wine sauce reduction over a bed of yukon gold garlic mashed and a side of roasted asparagus.

Sounds about right. Crazy to think that it's cheaper to buy ribeye's over short ribs, but it is.
They look like they turned out great. How'd they taste with the rub you used?

I love Black Ops. Great bark, excellent savory with a touch of sweet. Pairs really well with the beef. No sauce needed. What's your go to rub?

Too bad brisket doesn't taste like this. At $2.99/lb for prime it's even cheaper than hamburger.

Shorties are definitely my favorite rib, nice work on those monsters.

I picked up some crazy marbled and pretty thick boneless short ribs for like $5.98/lb. The price is average, but the marbled thick cut is not common in these parts.

Im not going to smoke. I am going PC with a cola , mushroom, marsala wine sauce reduction over a bed of yukon gold garlic mashed and a side of roasted asparagus.

What’s PC?

Edit: oh, pressure cooker.

Last edited:
Back