Which Iowa Contest?

pat

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I was planning on doing both State Center 6/19 & Marshalltown 6/26 but don't think I will have the money for both. Which contest is better in your opinion if you could only do one? Not necessarily the pay outs, but overall fun and organization. Thank for any thoughts!

I was planning on doing both State Center 6/19 & Marshalltown 6/26 but don't think I will have the money for both. Which contest is better in your opinion if you could only do one? Not necessarily the pay outs, but overall fun and organization. Thank for any thoughts!

My vote would be for M'town

State Center is not bad but the people there all expect handouts and can be kind of rude. This year the organizers are in their second year and have already put together an impressive web site. They also have free lamb and $200 to first ten who want to cook it. They are trying hard to improve the contest. Marshalltown has a great setting and is a very well organized event. Lots of room to spread out.
I know you dont care about payout, but you are looking at a contest with maybe less than 30 teams an one with maybe 60. If I could chose one it would be Marshalltown.

Marshalltown is the premier Iowa contest. Held in a park almost everyone is in an RV spot with electric, water and gray water dump.

This event is the event to attend. Good judging and great organizer.
I will be at Marshalltown helping make certain all the cooks have a great experience. Lew Miller is #1.

Merl

Thanks for the responses guys. Sounds like the favorite is Marshalltown. Sending in my app tomorrow!

Back