View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Exclamation Podaddy's Funk Soldiers Canteen - The MKT Cheeseburger

Practice for the HD shoot tomorrow to see if I still had the skills.

You will note there is a principle to even just the way I make the basic burger, ice cream scoop size 80/20 then rolled into meatballs. No salt - no nuthing. And do not compress. I used a infrared therm (Harbor Freight 35) to tune in my temps on my griddle... 450 on one side, 350 on other. But for y'all, ... 2 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

I use melted butter 2 parts butter to one part oil (olive is good).

My custom burger press is packed away somewhere so as you can see I immediately cover with a wax paper sheet and compress. Peel off the paper and sprinkle on your seasonings. I like to accentuate the beefiness and NOT take away the beef flavor so I mix kosher salt (course grained), medium mesh pepper, granulated garlic and onion, a small bit seasoning salt or .................................................. ....................beef gravy mix (just a dusting).

You see the patties cook like a pancake... drawing that flavor in. Oddly enough it may LOOK too thin.

I then scrap it off the griddle at a 45 degree angle. YOU NEED A TURNER FOR THIS AND THE ARMY SUPPLIED TURNER IS NOT UP TO THE TASK.

Flip it, no need to re-season... and in the case of the cheese burger, place a handful of coarse graded sharp cheddar cheese right on the burger with an ice cube or two and cover with your turkey roaster lid. I often put the bun on to steam.

Scrape up the cheese and serve. Many eat the skirt (its crunchy) or they fold it in the burger.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote