State Championship ?

ggriffi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
When a competition has a "state championship" designation, what exactly does that mean? Is it more of a braggin rights thing or is there something to it?

Thanks,
g

It's more of a desgination as it will serve as a qualifier for a contest like the Americal Royal or Jack Daniels... My guess is based on contest size...

There is more than one "State Championship" in many states... So aside from possibly making it to the Jack or Royal, the winner can brag to friends and family that they are the state champion, there may be more than one...Still it takes a lot to win a GC, so they deserve to brag

Correct me if I am wrong, but the way that I see it is that if you take grand at a state championship then two things happen. The first is that you get an invite to the royal invitational. The second is that you get your name thrown into a hat with the other state chamionships from the same state for an invite to the Jack Daniels invitational.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

That's correct, Greg. There are also minimum requirements for a contest to be a "state championship" but I'm not sure what those are. I thought it was like 20 teams and that it had to be designated by a state official or something? Hell, now I have myself confused!

I've heard that the govenor of that state has to declair it to be a state championship, though I don't see how there can be more than one. I'm still fairly new though, so I would like to know how it really works.

Pig Headed said:
I've heard that the govenor of that state has to declair it to be a state championship, though I don't see how there can be more than one. I'm still fairly new though, so I would like to know how it really works.
Yes, the governor has to proclaim it, and many states have several.

Back