Corned Beef

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Soaked these two corned beef briskets for two days and changed the water 4 times.
Lit the lump on the other end of the charcoal pan to see what that might do to the burn and it didn’t make a significant difference that could tell.

IMG_4183.jpg

Mixed up some onion, paprika, garlic powder, paprika to rub with and then added the spice pack that came with the corned beef and just kinda pressed that into the meat hoping it would stay put.

IMG_4185.jpg

Cabbage was drizzeled with some chili oil and fresh ground pepper and a can of beer.

IMG_4187.jpg

I used the water pan and learned how to not make a big mess on my carport by being careful to not pull the dang trays out without pulling the bottom one out first to catch anything that might drip. Also learned to put a drip pan on the floor to catch that drip that came from all the condensation.

IMG_4190.jpg

Threw in some bacon to flavor the cabbage with and got it crispy and added at the table.

IMG_4191.jpg

The moist heat was just right for this cook just as RandyQ said it would be.

IMG_4192.jpg

Not too done and not too rare but just right.

IMG_4196.jpg

Da Plate

IMG_4199.jpg

DAY TWO – Got up this morning and sliced up the meat and food savered it into 1 lb packs except for tonights supper.

Tried a couple of methods for stuffing the abts and of course the last one worked better.

IMG_4203.jpg

Unless your gonna half em the filling really works best for me if you smush everything together first.

IMG_4205.jpg

Even tried splitting one up one side and didn’t like that either.

IMG_4207.jpg

Ms Driver was in charge of the baby bellas cause that is one of here favs and she out done me, they were awesome with spinach, onion, chestnuts, and moz.

IMG_4208.jpg

Looks pdg don’t it?

IMG_4214.jpg

Da Sammich

IMG_4217.jpg

That is some great looking food. I just ate and now i'm hungry again.

Looks mighty fine. What's the details on the cabbage?

Looks great! Will need to get that corned beef out of the fridge and into the pit... wonder what the weather is goingto be Saturday.....

Love the pics!! That meat looks perfect. Cabbage on the smoker sounds interesting.

I made a pastrami this weekend from some Frierich corned beef flats I bought last week. Previously I soaked and rinsed for 2 days. This time I just rinsed twice and rubbed it.

It came out a bit more salty but tasted good. Probably great with a beer and unsalted pretzels!

I would soak for a few hours next time and see if it come out just right.

Through trial and error I've steeled on a two day soak for a store bought corned beef. The resulting pastrami has just the right level of salt for me.

Nice looking pastrami, GD!

That all looks great. I have to say, since I've joined this site I'm dying to try both corned beef and pastrami.

Looks real good. Done cabbage on the grill, but not in the smoker. Gonna have to try that! Nice job!

Man GD that is some great looking foodies. Nice pic also. The idea of cabbage in the smoker is a must do for me, Ilove cabbage fixed all kinda ways and this looks like a good'n:icon_bigsmil

By the way was that homemade bread in the dinner pic and the sammies pic ?:icon_bigsmil

Man GD that is some great looking foodies. Nice pic also. The idea of cabbage in the smoker is a must do for me, Ilove cabbage fixed all kinda ways and this looks like a good'n:icon_bigsmil

By the way was that homemade bread in the dinner pic and the sammies pic ?:icon_bigsmil

Yeah but I should a took it out of the bread machine and cooked it in the oven but I wuz LAZY.

Back