Thread: Corned Beef
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #1
Greendriver
is One Chatty Farker

Default Corned Beef

Soaked these two corned beef briskets for two days and changed the water 4 times.
Lit the lump on the other end of the charcoal pan to see what that might do to the burn and it didn’t make a significant difference that could tell.

Mixed up some onion, paprika, garlic powder, paprika to rub with and then added the spice pack that came with the corned beef and just kinda pressed that into the meat hoping it would stay put.

Cabbage was drizzeled with some chili oil and fresh ground pepper and a can of beer.

I used the water pan and learned how to not make a big mess on my carport by being careful to not pull the dang trays out without pulling the bottom one out first to catch anything that might drip. Also learned to put a drip pan on the floor to catch that drip that came from all the condensation.

Threw in some bacon to flavor the cabbage with and got it crispy and added at the table.

The moist heat was just right for this cook just as RandyQ said it would be.

Not too done and not too rare but just right.

Da Plate

DAY TWO – Got up this morning and sliced up the meat and food savered it into 1 lb packs except for tonights supper.

Tried a couple of methods for stuffing the abts and of course the last one worked better.

Unless your gonna half em the filling really works best for me if you smush everything together first.

Even tried splitting one up one side and didn’t like that either.

Ms Driver was in charge of the baby bellas cause that is one of here favs and she out done me, they were awesome with spinach, onion, chestnuts, and moz.

Looks pdg don’t it?

Da Sammich

Blog - Carpet Capitol Living
Greendriver is offline   Reply With Quote