BBQ Brethren "Berry Me!" (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Hey Moose,
If I get at least one picture in on Sunday night and then post the cook pictures on Monday, Will that qualify?
The wife has me involved in a social engagement this weekend and I won't have too much time to cook and post all the photos

You've got til 6:00 AM Monday to submit photos. Nobody has ever said you HAVE to post the cook besides the money shot. You're gold. (Fools gold - noobian mod:razz:)

Phubar, I love the pics of the berries with sugar (or ice crystals?), the flame on the meatballs and the shots with the chicken smothered in berry sauce. The chicken looks beautifully carmelized, really came through in the photos. Google translate said "Doosjeval Rode Bessen" is Doosjeval red berries which didn't help me understand. Are they red currants? Lingonberries? I've gone crazy for the taste of Swedish lingonberries the last couple of years.

On edit: Red currants!! I used red currants in the google translator and it came up with "rode aalbesson".

Last edited:
Phubar, I love the pics of the berries with sugar (or ice crystals?), the flame on the meatballs and the shots with the chicken smothered in berry sauce. The chicken looks beautifully carmelized, really came through in the photos. Google translate said "Doosjeval Rode Bessen" is Doosjeval red berries which didn't help me understand. Are they red currants? Lingonberries? I've gone crazy for the taste of Swedish lingonberries the last couple of years.

Red currants. I asked him in his Q-Talk thread.:becky:

What part of this do you farkanauts NOT understand?

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Click HERE to go to the off topic, often nonsensical, confusing, and downright bizarre discussion thread.

I was going to pass on this one cause I couldn't come up with any ideas. Now that i've seen these awesome entries i'm starting to put some ideas together. Thanks for the inspiration everyone
confused-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

On edit: Red currants!! I used red currants in the google translator and it came up with "rode aalbesson".

LOL!:becky:
Thanks alot Girl!
I'd Phigure you guys would recognize the berries from the pics...my bad!
The berries were Phrozen,"doosjevol" means a "box Phull of/Phull box of","rode (red) aalbessen" is also a correct translation instead of red current.

LOL!:becky:
Thanks alot Girl!
I'd Phigure you guys would recognize the berries from the pics...my bad!
The berries were Phrozen,"doosjevol" means a "box Phull of/Phull box of","rode (red) aalbessen" is also a correct translation instead of red current.
Stekelbes ?

Googled stekelbes and found out they're gooseberries. Love 'em.

I had big plans for this TD but couldn't/can't get it done. My cousin's getting married up north about an hour from my mother's place. We're heading to mom's tomorrow at noon to beat Canada Day long weekend cottage traffic. Mom will drive us back to her place after the reception which means I GET TO DRINK OUT IN PUBLIC. :madgrin: :cop: Also means no "Berry Me" entry from this farker. It had a Canadian twist, too....... :pout: Use it another time, right?

Googled stekelbes and found out they're gooseberries. Love 'em.

I had big plans for this TD but couldn't/can't get it done. My cousin's getting married up north about an hour from my mother's place. We're heading to mom's tomorrow at noon to beat Canada Day long weekend cottage traffic. Mom will drive us back to her place after the reception which means I GET TO DRINK OUT IN PUBLIC. :madgrin: :cop: Also means no "Berry Me" entry from this farker. It had a Canadian twist, too....... :pout: Use it another time, right?

You're not leaving til tomorrow at noon? SLACKER!:tsk:

Back