View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:56 PM   #9916
sparky66
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro608 View Post
I got mine on wood also. No probs yet. But other have warned against it. Yet I have haven't had anybody say thers caught fire.doesn't seem to get that hot. But plastic
Yeah, wood furniture dolly should be just fine temporarily until I get the real deal. It is just the bottom lip that sits on the wood. My coals actually sit up about 4" above the drum floor anyway. This is my basket - it is one solid mother and heavy too.

uglydrumsmoker3(1).jpg

Doing another test burn in my UDS as I write this to get a better feel. gonna let it burn over night. The first one I did not have a suitable temp. gauge and I had a hard time dialing in the temp. Kind of started off to a rocky start tonight too. Temps shot to 355 and held. I tried backing down to 225 and finally got it there an hour and 15 min. later. Now at 235 and cruising. The main problem I'm for sure I was having was pouring a WHOLE chimney of flaming hot coals on top of the coals in fire basket. So temps immediately were too hot at around 355. Harder to get under control on the downswing then adjusting upwards. She wants to really run with the 2 1/4" bung all the way open so I have her dialed in right now with the bung open about 1" open and only one 3/4" intake open.

What about your's Jethro...how does she like to cruise?

Sparky
sparky66 is offline   Reply With Quote