Newbie from NJ

Carpediembbq

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Good morning everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a backyard BBQ enthusiast. I love cooking and have BBQ'd for a long time with Rinky dink cheap equipment with great results. I started many years ago with a hand me down bullet, then bought a cheap chargriller offset smoker and modified it with some instructions I found on the internet. After I wore it out I bought another one. I always coveted smokers like backwoods or stumps but being a father of 5 it was not in my budget.

Then a little over a year ago my wonderful wife bought me a large BGE for my birthday! I absolutely LOVE my BGE!!! I can now cook on it year round and do everything from ribs, pulled pork, brisket, turkey, chicken, ham, sausage year round! There is nothing like BBQing with snow on the ground (not to mention it drives the neighbors nuts with awesome smells) I have also smoked bluefish (wonderful) but I do it on my chargriller as to not funk up my BGE with fish oils.

I have seen this site for years and finally decided to jump on in. You guys are the best!

Welcome aboard Carpediembbq, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here. Don't be afraid to look around and explore the other forums.

Which Hamilton are you in, near Trenton or near the shore?

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Thanks Glad to be here! IamMadMan, i am near Trenton. I moved here from South Jersey (Hammonton) about 2 years ago. I miss SJ.

Thanks Glad to be here! IamMadMan, i am near Trenton. I moved here from South Jersey (Hammonton) about 2 years ago. I miss SJ.

I go to Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters Near Hamilton Market Place to order all of my Weston / LEM equipment. They give me a good discount when I order, I just have to wait until they place their own order for shipment, (sometimes close to a month) but the discount is worth the wait. In the fall they also have a huge tent sale with great discounts. I usually make my own jerky seasonings, but I buy seasoning kits to use because they are so inexpensive during that sale.

Back