Hello from Northern Virginia

ArtyGuy

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.

A little background- I am retired military (US Army) and now enjoy the benefits of being paid to not show up! Currently I work in the Home Services space for a large company and oversee a territory in Northern Virginia where our traffic is as bad as they say!

For my Army retirement gift, my wife bought me a Green Mountain Grill pellet smoker, which I thoroughly enjoy. I haven’t really screwed anything up but as with anything, I want to get better at preparing meals, becoming creative with rubs, sauces, glazes, etc. It wasn’t a 2019 NY resolution but I decided to spend a lot of my free time committing to becoming more knowledgeable, experimental, etc. Hence, I stumbled upon this site. I am hoping to learn from others with more experience, maybe be able to pass along some of what I have learned, etc.

Hobbies- I love sport shooting, anything baseball, reading, and fitness.

Thanks! John

Thank You for your service to our great nation...

Welcome aboard, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Thank you for your service! Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona and thanks so much for your service.

Back