slicing brisket

We have the Chef's Choice model 130 Professional Sharpening station. Would highly reccomend it to anyone, makes quick work of keeping all of are knives very sharp!

chefs130tuq0.jpg

We have the CC model 110 - similar but earlier version I believe. I read some real good reviews regarding the model 110, but I stll have not been able to get an edge I am happy with. I do think it is an operator thing and not a product issue though. Dang - I can't cook or sharpen knives
icon9.gif

There's a place about 10 minutes from my house that sharpens knives and will even do it while you wait if you so desire. I had my Forschner slicer, Santoku, boning knife and paring knife done and it set me back about $9.00 for the lot. I love having gadgets but I think I'll leave the knife sharpening to the experts and just stick with honing them myself with my steel.

We have the CC model 110 - similar but earlier version I believe. I read some real good reviews regarding the model 110, but I stll have not been able to get an edge I am happy with. I do think it is an operator thing and not a product issue though. Dang - I can't cook or sharpen knives
icon9.gif

HA! Cant cook, thats a good one!:grin:

I bought the CC 300 and love it. $80 I think it was. It takes a few minutes to get a new knife ground down to fit the sharpener right but after you get the knife set, it doesnt take much time to keep them super sharp. It came with a hand held serrated sharpener that really does a good job too.

HA! Cant cook, thats a good one!:grin:

I bought the CC 300 and love it. $80 I think it was. It takes a few minutes to get a new knife ground down to fit the sharpener right but after you get the knife set, it doesnt take much time to keep them super sharp. It came with a hand held serrated sharpener that really does a good job too.

I didn't think you were allowed to carry anything sharp - did the judge back-off on that ruling?
icon6.gif

#2 pencil eyeball it a good sharp carving knife with fluted edge only used for brisket

Ditto on the Forschner slicing knife, they are about $40 bucks -- a great deal. You can also wash them in the dishwasher and they re-sharpen easily.

Uniform Slices

Jimmy, nice lookin' brisket. I'm curious, is that from The Jack?

Congrats on beating Myron and team Bub-Ba-Q. I know of
both and they're both on their game this past season. Great
job (at the Jack)!!!

I did also notice, you guys are from Florida and competing in
The Jack (Tennessee), all areas where judges are more accustomed
(from what I've personally experienced) seeing boxes sans garnish.

I wonder if folks from IA or MO see the same frequently? <--- this
is just a curiosity question; not trying to make a point whatsoever.

On BBQ Pitmasters a few of the teams seem to have a white and blue cutting board with measurements on it. Am I correct? If so, what is it called and where do I find it? Thanks!

I use the Forschner Fibrox slicing knife with the hollow edge...it's relatively inexpensive (around $40) and it slices very nicely. It's also easy to sharpen.

Jimmy, nice lookin' brisket. I'm curious, is that from The Jack?

Congrats on beating Myron and team Bub-Ba-Q. I know of
both and they're both on their game this past season. Great
job (at the Jack)!!!

I did also notice, you guys are from Florida and competing in
The Jack (Tennessee), all areas where judges are more accustomed
(from what I've personally experienced) seeing boxes sans garnish.

I wonder if folks from IA or MO see the same frequently? <--- this
is just a curiosity question; not trying to make a point whatsoever.

Jimmy and Chris, My sincere apologies to you both. In a complete
dain-bramaged moment, clicking back and forth between your two
URL's (on your signatures), I obviously confused you. My bad,
and my apologies. Sorry!

For those needing/requiring a road map as to how on earth someone
could unimaginably do something so stupid, I offer this pic:

untitled2.jpg

I didn't think you were allowed to carry anything sharp - did the judge back-off on that ruling?
icon6.gif

That's Hilarious!! Now I understand why they say Mike's the sharp One :),,,,,,Gotta Love those Perry Brothers !!!

Back