charcoal sale

I hope soon. I am starting to run low. Guess I didn't buy enough memorial day weekend

I buy a 200 dollar Home Depot gift card every year for these type of events, since I really just like ol' Home Depot I always spend my money on their charcoal sales, whatever they may be, but man I've currently got a LOT! I might take that gift card and buy myself a little treat. Hmmm...

Taking a guess, I'd say the 31st or the 1st. I forget when exactly Home Depot and Lowe's and them throw their sales out there. I'd say the first is a safe bet though.

It looks like Academy brought back their Memorial Day sale on their Outdoor Gourmet brand. Two 16.6 lb bags for $4.99

The Outdoor Gourmet, is just Royal Oak re branded. Its the new "Ridge" style briquettes. I stocked up on Memorial Day. I like the new Royal Oak much better than Kingsford.

If nothing else, buy a couple of bags and try it out. If you like it, then go back and load up!

uploadfromtaptalk1340758349509.jpg

Yea I'm ready I'm down to 215# already. & out of lump. Got to go get wood this wkend.
Keep us updated.

Yea I'm ready I'm down to 215# already. & out of lump. Got to go get wood this wkend.
Keep us updated.

It looks like Academy brought back their Memorial Day sale on their Outdoor Gourmet brand. Two 16.6 lb bags for $4.99

The Outdoor Gourmet, is just Royal Oak re branded. Its the new "Ridge" style briquettes. I stocked up on Memorial Day. I like the new Royal Oak much better than Kingsford.

If nothing else, buy a couple of bags and try it out. If you like it, then go back and load up!

View attachment 66771
and was there today didnt know if it was any good they had pallets sitting around the store didnt know it was royal oak

I got an e-mail from sam's today on kingsford 2 20lb bags. Don't remember the amount, but did not seem like such a great deal.

Hold it! Late breaking news flash: just dug out the e-mail from my trash can and the price was $16.68. See, nothing to get me to head down there to get any. I do like the Academy price, and since we have a brand new Academy here in the neighborhood, guess I now have an excuse to go pay them a visit.

I have a good load left (900lbs) but I'm always in the market for something I use at least 4-5 days a week lol:biggrin1:

I got an e-mail from sam's today on kingsford 2 20lb bags. Don't remember the amount, but did not seem like such a great deal.

Hold it! Late breaking news flash: just dug out the e-mail from my trash can and the price was $16.68. See, nothing to get me to head down there to get any. I do like the Academy price, and since we have a brand new Academy here in the neighborhood, guess I now have an excuse to go pay them a visit.

That's their everyday price.
A little better than non-sale prices around here, but not a great deal. If I'm buying charcoal from Sam's, it's just because I didn't stock up enough on the HD/Lowe's holiday sales.

Lowes had Stubbs on sale for $5 and change around 7/4 last year. I bought kroger brand briqs when they were on sale a little while back and so far have liked the results. Will go check out academy today - I've heard that RO briqs are good.

I would like to try some lump or something other than kingsford blue.. any idea on who has something?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back