• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Man Sized Meat" Throwdown!

Like Redhot said, gassers qualify, but I hope you are planning to get a real grill, soon. :becky:

Welcome to the throwdowns!!!

CD

I have a smoker, but keeping the gasser for quick dinners. It's all I have for high temp cooking right now.

I now know how to really get under Gore's skin -- and I'm making a list of special rules to have handy if I win another TD. :heh:

CD

I have a smoker, but keeping the gasser for quick dinners. It's all I have for high temp cooking right now.

I live alone, too. The grill I use most for high heat is my Weber Smokey Joe. I have two of them, now, and a mini-WSM mod.

Smokey Joe grills are great for cooking one steak, a pork chop, or some wings for myself. If you make a mini-WSM mod, you can do a small smoke, like a fatty, some chicken thighs, or a meatloaf, and use very little charcoal.

CD

There is a rumor out therre that the winner gets a certificate, but don't believe it. :rolleyes:

CD

I can attest to that firsthand-I've yet to receive my last two! :laugh:

But seriously, who enters these things for a potential certificate any way? All the ribbing going on here is worth the price of admission. :becky:

They're fine for the moment, at least until someone says they aren't in some special rule. I'm sure that'll be coming. :mad2:

Gore, I think you'd be lost without all the special rules winners make...:heh:

Well, I hope they're still attached to the rest of the cow and the cow is still moo-ing when you throw it on your pit, or you might be DQ'ed. :becky:

Hmmm, it seems to me that you love creating special rules of your own in TD's but you don't like following them when someone else calls them. I can't wait to see you throw a whole mooing cow into your pit, that should be quite interesting...please be sure and take lots of pix! Although I must remind you, I didn't call a "cook a whole living cow" TD, but if you insist...:shock::becky:

I'm still confused over the how the Master Cuts are different from the Throwdowns.

How the heck am I going to do a whole farking cow? This one is going to be a hard sell.

If you can do a whole farkin' flock of moo-ing cows, then you are truly a Master. :heh:

images

"A true master would never cook moo-ing cow or put sawdust on buttock."

How on earth did LARGE MANLY MEAT, just one portion of said meat, ever become a whole cow TD? Geesh, men are more complicated than I ever imagined...just go get a huge, DEAD, not mooing, oinking or baaahing, skinned and prepped farkin' huge hunk of meat and throw it on the effin fire, simple! And it still has to be ONE serving, so if you can actually eat a whole cow/pig/lamb in ONE sitting then go for it! I should have punished you all and called a vegan TD, but noooooo, I was actually trying to cater to the man-beast, gimme a huge hunk o meat that you all crave, so punish me!:drama:

How on earth did LARGE MANLY MEAT, just one portion of said meat, ever become a whole cow TD? Geesh, men are more complicated than I ever imagined...just go get a huge, DEAD, not mooing, oinking or baaahing, skinned and prepped farkin' huge hunk of meat and throw it on the effin fire, simple! And it still has to be ONE serving, so if you can actually eat a whole cow/pig/lamb in ONE sitting then go for it! I should have punished you all and called a vegan TD, but noooooo, I was actually trying to cater to the man-beast, gimme a huge hunk o meat that you all crave, so punish me!:drama:

It's all in those special rules that you wrote. You said something about not slicing it. If you don't slice it, then you have to do the cow whole, skin still attached. And I don't know exactly how they kill cows, but if any knives are involved then that is forbidden and it better still be moo-ing. Gheesh, didn't you read the special rules? :becky: Good thing I pointed that out for you or you might've been getting a DQ. Of course this whole thing could've been avoided if you didn't have this thing against eggplant. :tsk:

just go get a huge, DEAD, not mooing, oinking or baaahing, skinned and prepped farkin' huge hunk of meat and throw it on the effin fire, simple!

Great, now you change the rules again. You do realize that events have taken place already because of your previous rules that cannot be changed. I mean, how I am ever going to explain your sudden rule change to this guy?!?! :becky:

DSC01472.jpg

Back