Sale on Maverick ET-73's - $30

They deal looked great until I checked shipping, $15 to ship that thing?

Oh crap, hadn't gone that far yet... Sorry....

Amazon has it for $39.53 and any order over $25 ships for free.....

These vendors don't realize their loosing money in volume when they charge the kind of rates that they do for shipping. I think they could still make a reasonable profit on just the shipping side if they re-thunk it.

I would have bought the product and paid a reasonable shipping charge. But at 15.00 they can go suck wind.

Has anyone tried using multiples (meaning, 2 or 3 units)? Does the signal conflict?
What about close quarters to another cook (competition) using same equipment?

I was thinking I'd like two of them; one at each end of the cooker, one meat probe
in the brisket, the other in a butt....

I have two, they have been threw the wars. No signal conflict when using both at the same time.

Thanks! Think I'll amazon.com these....

Being a techie guy... HOW DO THEY KNOW?!?! :)

I think they search for a channel not being used - not sure. But at comps its hard to count how many of them are within a 100' radius and it never seems to be a problem. I know we use a receiver from one box with another transmitter and the transmitter with another receiver (don't leave the transmitters next to the firebox for very long) and they sync up fine.

While I'm amazon'ing with free shipping, any good ideas for other stuff for Christmas
present(s) to myself? Was looking for some Blues Hog sauce; only find small jars...
Anything else recommended? Have enough tongs and gloves (grill stuff). Good rub
to try? Sauce?

seems as if $40 or $50 is the going price, at least thats what i paid for mine at cabelas :p:p

kck is great! and if mavericks were heat proof, they'd be bullett proof. I have 3, they all reside in a big ziploc bag, grab a transmitter, grab a reciever, turn them on together, never had a problem.

Get with Bob at KCK.com.... much more reasonable on them. Tell him you want the Brethren discount.

Back