Cookin "Q" and lovin life

bacon bouquet

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My names Scott I live in a small town in Washington state. People that have heard (hopefully by now) of Seattle think of Washington as being all forests and green. No I have to tell that's not true I live in an area that in may to September can be as hot as 110 degrees and desert like. the Arizona of Washington. We are also lucky enough to have the highest mountain in the northern hemisphere, (Without a tree) LOL its true (Rattle Snake Mountain) anyway I love BBQ. Started out 15 yrs ago smoking meat on a direct heat set up, boy have things changed. I do a lot now on UDS, WSM, indirect reverse flow smokers and this year I will be able to have the pleasure of cooking with a pellet smoker (M PRO). The days of the Lazyboy and sleeping bag for all night cooks are going to be shortened. I have enjoyed reading about good Q here on the forum and really get great advice from other forum members. Thanks to all the hard working people that have put this forum together and the great technical work it takes to pull off a site this large, Great job. Hopefully I will see some of you on the BBq trail.....Thanks Scott

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome aboard Scott, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

Don't be afraid to look around and explore the other forums.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Back